Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:20 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:49 pm 

Bastard wrote:
I've done this recently.

I use Tversity. You can stream Sopcast through it for a surprisingly high quality picture.

There are a few around these days.

My biggest headache right now is lack of ADSL. We moved Flat and the Spanish equivalent of BT told us we were in theory “living in the mountains” in the middle of nowhere. We in fact live in a village of 11k people 20km out of Barcelona, feckers!!

I got a Vodafone 3G modem (3GB in theory) reality is 150K download, if im lucky.

My neighbour across the hall has had ADSL from ST since before we asked for it, not happy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:51 pm 

Well spank my ass and call me Judy, that's a result.

It still doesn't see films, but they are avi files and maybe it would not see them (?), but it now reads all my music, including those where before it said "there are no tracks". That's a right touch, triangle button rocks. Cheers for the tip EB and BA. That's made my day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:51 pm 

NoddytheAdlingtonBlue wrote:
Nothing too flash. Only a budget system but it's better than what I had (nothing)

Paired an Onkyo CR 525 with some Wharfedale Diamond 9.1's. Crap not getting hifi and speakers today. I knew I should have bought them from the same shop to stop this happening!

I've got a pair of Wharfdale diamond speakers, although i can't remember the model - very good though.:approve:

Had a pair of chario monitors once upon a time - oh how i miss them so.:(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:52 pm 

And it plays AAC files no problem this way.

:woot:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:58 pm 

Benny wrote:
And it plays AAC files no problem this way.

:woot:

Its a cunning little find that. I was like you and scratching my head to why I couldnt see the files until I worked that out.

By the way, if you create a file on your External HDD called PS3 and within it MUSIC, VIDEO and so on, it will find them anyway.

You can also download the FW from PC onto memory stick and do the updates. Its quicker and safer too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:10 pm 

Barna Azul wrote:
Its a cunning little find that. I was like you and scratching my head to why I couldnt see the files until I worked that out.

By the way, if you create a file on your External HDD called PS3 and within it MUSIC, VIDEO and so on, it will find them anyway.

You can also download the FW from PC onto memory stick and do the updates. Its quicker and safer too.

Yeah, I find it's much quicker.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:36 pm 

Kubrick wrote:
Yeah, I find it's much quicker.

Plus if for any reason your connection drops, you just download the file again, where as if you do it direct on the PS3 it can Brick it.

I had the Blu ray drive go on mine, it was a common cause on the early 40GB and 60GB models depending on your serial number. Had to send it away and got a new one back, which was fine until I couldn’t update my user as it was somehow linked to the old machine. I recommend a regular backup including game saves.

I see they are releasing highlander in HD with deleted scenes on Blu Ray, cool!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:28 pm 

Not sure if you got an answer Nods but it looks to me like it should but within the limitations laid out on p 37 regarding sample rate, bit rate and DRM. Looks like only mp3/wma and FAT 16/32 formatting is supported.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:10 pm 

Markered Man wrote:
Not sure if you got an answer Nods but it looks to me like it should but within the limitations laid out on p 37 regarding sample rate, bit rate and DRM. Looks like only mp3/wma and FAT 16/32 formatting is supported.

Cheers. I think I'm going to get an LG external drive and give it a go. Will need reformatting as FAT32 but I've been reading and that doesn't seem to be much of an issue

Ta again

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:34 pm 

Cheers. I think I'm going to get an LG external drive and give it a go. Will need reformatting as FAT32 but I've been reading and that doesn't seem to be much of an issue

Ta again

No re formatting is easy as the old Disks that no one ever uses on PC these days. Click on the drive and click format. It should give you options to format as FAT32 then. Was very simple, last time I did it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:38 pm 

Barna Azul wrote:
Plus if for any reason your connection drops, you just download the file again, where as if you do it direct on the PS3 it can Brick it.

I had the Blu ray drive go on mine, it was a common cause on the early 40GB and 60GB models depending on your serial number. Had to send it away and got a new one back, which was fine until I couldn’t update my user as it was somehow linked to the old machine. I recommend a regular backup including game saves.

I see they are releasing highlander in HD with deleted scenes on Blu Ray, cool!!

Mine broke a while back. Not sure if it was anything to do with an update. The red light was flashing while on standby, then it wouldn't turn on. I sent it back and about 10 weeks later my new one arrived.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:40 pm 

Barna Azul wrote:

Kubrick wrote:
Mine broke a while back. Not sure if it was anything to do with an update. The red light was flashing while on standby, then it wouldn't turn on. I sent it back and about 10 weeks later my new one arrived.

So they're about as reliable as the 360 then?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:53 pm 

Badger wrote:

:cool:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:55 pm 

Badger wrote:

Err, I think the failure rate is about 1% or less, so no. The 360 is about 17% or more, off the top of my head. I know it was a lot higher, but the rate has come down.

What are you playing these days Badger?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:59 pm 

Found a potential fly in the ointment. The HDD I want is bus powered. Will this be OK running through a hifi? Anyone here run a bus powered device through PS3 etc?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:05 pm 

Found a potential fly in the ointment. The HDD I want is bus powered. Will this be OK running through a hifi? Anyone here run a bus powered device through PS3 etc?

The Lacie USB HDD that I use with the PS3 has no additional power supply and so in theory it should work with your HIFI. The Hifi should power the device in theory. Does it work with memory stick?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:10 pm 

Limited experience here but if its a normal USB I would guess that you'll be ok based on the fact that its only ropey motherboards that I have seen a problem with (even my car stereo USB input is OK and I am sure the ps3 is ok). However, I have a mini usb input on my amp that is actually for an on board DAC that I know won't power an external drive.
Looks to me like its a normal USB so I guess you will be ok.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:29 pm 

Barna Azul wrote:
The Lacie USB HDD that I use with the PS3 has no additional power supply and so in theory it should work with your HIFI. The Hifi should power the device in theory. Does it work with memory stick?

Same for me. I also have a lacie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:45 am 

Barna Azul wrote:
Err, I think the failure rate is about 1% or less, so no. The 360 is about 17% or more, off the top of my head. I know it was a lot higher, but the rate has come down.

What are you playing these days Badger?

Only joking. My 360 got the RRoD earlier this year but was still covered by the extended 3 year warranty so MS replaced it FOC.

Not been on that much recently, when I have it's either been on the latest PoP, Rainbow Six:Vegas 2 or, ahem, Lego Indiana Jones (in my defence it essentially came free when I bought a new controller. It is good though :o ). Have to say I like the look of Assassin's Creed 2 (enjoyed the first even if the missions did get a tad repetitive), Batman:Arkham Asylum and Final Fantasy XIII. The E3 demo of Forza 3 looked stunning as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:14 am 

Badger wrote:
Only joking. My 360 got the RRoD earlier this year but was still covered by the extended 3 year warranty so MS replaced it FOC.

Not been on that much recently, when I have it's either been on the latest PoP, Rainbow Six:Vegas 2 or, ahem, Lego Indiana Jones (in my defence it essentially came free when I bought a new controller. It is good though :o ). Have to say I like the look of Assassin's Creed 2 (enjoyed the first even if the missions did get a tad repetitive), Batman:Arkham Asylum and Final Fantasy XIII. The E3 demo of Forza 3 looked stunning as well.

Just a tad? I eventually gave up on it.

Anyone played Prototype? Any good, or rubbish?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next