Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 2:07 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:50 am 

Frank Blue wrote:
one for you Miggsy:

:eek:

I was born with "
methemoglobinemia"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:52 am 

And whilst I am spamming this thread:

no no no, i like the foreigners. it's those c nts in white football shirts that get on my tits. - GA (on England)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:17 am 
The music industry has lost touch with reality. There is enough money within the industry for everyone to be happy. Once they sort their own house out, then and only then, do they have the right to complain about illegal downloads. Until that day the blinged-up spoilt and pampered musicians can crawl home to their million dollar cribs and shut the fuck up.

It's simple really. Reduce the price of a CD and I'll buy them. I'm not paying £18 for one though. That is fucking ridiculous.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:23 am 

Emigre wrote:
The music industry has lost touch with reality. There is enough money within the industry for everyone to be happy. Once they sort their own house out, then and only then, do they have the right to complain about illegal downloads. Until that day the blinged-up spoilt and pampered musicians can crawl home to their million dollar cribs and shut the fuck up.

It's simple really. Reduce the price of a CD and I'll buy them. I'm not paying £18 for one though. That is fucking ridiculous.

Who the fuck does unless it's a rare import or summat??

The average cost on Play, Amazon and even the supermarkets is about £8-9.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:27 am 

ESM wrote:
Who the fuck does unless it's a rare import or summat??

The average cost on Play, Amazon and even the supermarkets is about £8-9.

I bought the brand new Subways this week - £10. That's cool enough. Anything over that and you start thinking, rip off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:27 am 

He has a point Emigre, I know you live in a remote spot but surely you can do better than 18 quid?

Have you heard about this new super internet highway thingy or hasn't that reached you yet?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:28 am 

Frank Blue wrote:
Just goes to show that there is no accounting for taste.

Oh Metallica are fookin awesome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:29 am 

Half Bassman Half Biscuit wrote:
I bought the brand new Subways this week - £10. That's cool enough. Anything over that and you start thinking, rip off.

I went to that restaurant that Bamber Gascoigne has just opened last week.

Ten pounds for a starter, outrageous!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:30 am 
I buy my music online, usually i-tunes store, for around £3-£8 per album. I still believe these prices could be greatly reduced as there is zero packaging costs in delivering music this way.

If you want to live in a big house with big bling and big cars then fine. Just don't bitch to me that you don't have enough money because people keep downloading your music for free. Pisses me right off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:32 am 
Cloudyshin O'Watra wrote:
He has a point Emigre, I know you live in a remote spot but surely you can do better than 18 quid?

Have you heard about this new super internet highway thingy or hasn't that reached you yet?

I was attempting to make a point. Won't bother again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:33 am 

Emigre wrote:
I buy my music online, usually i-tunes store, for around £3-£8 per album. I still believe these prices could be greatly reduced as there is zero packaging costs in delivering music this way.

If you want to live in a big house with big bling and big cars then fine. Just don't bitch to me that you don't have enough money because people keep downloading your music for free. Pisses me right off.

I tend to buy back catalogue stuff from ebay, usually 3-5 quid. Got 2 on their way, Concretes debut, and Dead Poppies - less than £5 inc. postage for both. The concretes alone in stores i've seen for about £11.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:35 am 
I tend to buy back catalogue stuff from ebay, usually 3-5 quid. Got 2 on their way, Concretes debut, and Dead Poppies - less than £5 inc. postage for both. The concretes alone in stores i've seen for about £11.

That raises a good point though. If you buy music at ebay then isn't that the same as illegally downloading it. After all the artist only gets paid for the original record, so the money you pay for it all goes in to the pocket of the guy who first bought it.

Not saying that's wrong, but it is a point. What's the difference between file-sharing and buying second hand?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:36 am 

Emigre wrote:
That raises a good point though. If you buy music at ebay then isn't that the same as illegally downloading it. After all the artist only gets paid for the original record, so the money you pay for it all goes in to the pocket of the guy who first bought it.

Not saying that's wrong, but it is a point.

That brings us back to someone taking a dvd over to a mates house to watch it together

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:38 am 

Emigre wrote:

Not saying that's wrong, but it is a point. What's the difference between file-sharing and buying second hand?

That's only the equivalent of buying music from record fairs or second hand shops. Of course the artist only gets paid the once, has always been the case.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:39 am 

Emigre wrote:

There is an artist in Dublin, Robert Ballagh, who is campaigning for artists to receive part of the money earned by the selling of their art by dealers in future sales.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:43 am 
That's only the equivalent of buying music from record fairs or second hand shops. Of course the artist only gets paid the once, has always been the case.

I know. But how does that differ from file-sharing. I'm not defending anything. I just think it raises an interesting point. If you illegally download a song the artist receives nothing. If you buy second-hand the artist receives nothing. Same, you see.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:45 am 

Emigre wrote:

The difference is you're selling property that has been paid for, royalties, taxes the lot. You're not keeping the original and selling a copy. Same thing applies to books and DVD's, the only way the industry can prosecute you is if you make the material public without their permission, therefore breaking copyright law.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:46 am 

In the last 3 years I have purchased approximately 4 x CDs from music stores, I download the rest, 95% of which I do not pay for.

I do not feel bad about that, whoever said before that music companies should sort themselves out first was spot on. Borderline thuggery the majority of them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:48 am 

Danny's Studs wrote:
In the last 3 years I have purchased approximately 4 x CDs from music stores, I download the rest, 95% of which I do not pay for.

I do not feel bad about that, whoever said before that music companies should sort themselves out first was spot on. Borderline thuggery the majority of them.

Crim blood runs do deep.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:48 am 

I've never download. This has more to do with not owning a home pc. There are plenty of ways of getting your music for free or very cheaply on the net. There is no need to download illegally.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next