Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:54 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:28 am 

Abattoir Blue wrote:
Just to be serious for a second, I once read somewhere a definition of art was seeing/listening etc to anything that made you feel proud to be a human being. Thought that was quite interesting.

And if we're banning stuff that encourages suicide then surely the profession of dentistry would be high on the list?! And living in Finland.

When I saw the False Ronaldo being sent off in the derby a few years ago I felt proud to be a human being.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:29 am 

Half Bassman Half Biscuit wrote:
I think i've heard that before, and i can go along with it.

But it's bollocks! Every painting I look at doesn't make me 'proud to be human', what about art depicting the most terrible sides of human nature or war? Sculptures interest me because of their form and fluidity. Art is completely subjective and always will be. Some people will call Tracy Emin's work art, others say she's shite. Some people think art is just classical paintings, other people think graffiti is art.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:30 am 

slart wrote:
When I saw the False Ronaldo being sent off in the derby a few years ago I felt proud to be a human being.

that was poetry in motion.:D:D:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:31 am 

BiscuitBlueCheese wrote:
But it's bollocks! Every painting I look at doesn't make me 'proud to be human', what about art depicting the most terrible sides of human nature or war? Sculptures interest me because of their form and fluidity. Art is completely subjective and always will be. Some people will call Tracy Emin's work art, others say she's shite. Some people think art is just classical paintings, other people think graffiti is art.

It doesn't have to make you proud, but if it makes someone proud then why not.

Just ban the lot, that'll solve it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:34 am 

I like the way that they claim to be individuals and then dress in some kind of conformist uniform.
If they want to be individuals, then they should try this:

no no no, i like the foreigners. it's those c nts in white football shirts that get on my tits. - GA (on England)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:34 am 

BiscuitBlueCheese wrote:

Can see what you're saying. And it will always be subjective. But I think the definition is meant to be personal to everyone - whatever makes you proud.

And someone being able to comment & reflect on these horrific sides of humanity can make you proud too (but not of the act of war/horror itself).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:35 am 

Is the new Batman film art? It has a great director and some of the best screen actors involved (Michael Caine, Gary Oldman, Bale, Ledger, Maggie G etc etc) and looking at the reviews it should be great fun.

However, it is first and foremost a commercial enterprise. The studio have spent millions making it and millions more promoting it. The Burger King tie in and the toys and cds and comics are vital to the studio. Even more than the quality of the film.

Is this art? I don't really care. I'll be there on Saturday morning to enjoy it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:37 am 

All art is quite useless.

no no no, i like the foreigners. it's those c nts in white football shirts that get on my tits. - GA (on England)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:37 am 

Half Bassman Half Biscuit wrote:
that was poetry in motion.:D:D:D

And don't forget his minute long ballet dance tantrum at this years derby at the sty! Would have looked great in slo-mo to some classical music...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:38 am 

slart wrote:
Is the new Batman film art? It has a great director and some of the best screen actors involved (Michael Caine, Gary Oldman, Bale, Ledger, Maggie G etc etc) and looking at the reviews it should be great fun.

However, it is first and foremost a commercial enterprise. The studio have spent millions making it and millions more promoting it. The Burger King tie in and the toys and cds and comics are vital to the studio. Even more than the quality of the film.

Is this art? I don't really care. I'll be there on Saturday morning to enjoy it.

Personally, i wont, i have no interest. However, it is, and always should be your choice to go and watch it. End of.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:39 am 

Abattoir Blue wrote:
And don't forget his minute long ballet dance tantrum at this years derby at the sty! Would have looked great in slo-mo to some classical music...

yeah fake ronaldo really is a mardy twat.:D:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:40 am 

My Chemical Romance should be banned due to the fact that the singer has got the most annoying facial expressions ever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:42 am 

Blue_Failsworth wrote:
My Chemical Romance should be banned due to the fact that the singer has got the most annoying facial expressions ever.

I wouldn't ban him, just shoot the fucker.:D