Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 2:35 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:28 pm 

A man after my own heart kippax. I fucking love Soundgarden. Can't remember Alice in Chains supporting, but then I've never really managed to see that many support bands ever. :D If I remember rightly Cornell went a bit mental and kicked the suspended ceiling down towards the end of the set, which resulted in everyone lobbing polystyrene ceiling tiles around for the rest of the night.

And I should probably mention that Thunderkiss '65 is maybe my favourite song ever, not to mention one of the coolest videos.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:29 pm 

Haircut 100.
Saw them in '83, wouldn't bother going again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:30 pm 

The Green Man wrote:
Haircut 100.

Not a fantastic day?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:44 pm 

The Green Man wrote:
Haircut 100.

Bastard wrote:
Not a fantastic day?

Ba. Dum. Tish.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:48 pm 

kippax_in_my_blood wrote:
I still think that soundgarden could be my favorite band ever..
I was a pretty big alice in chains mark too..
There album work, both bands were stellar for me.

And well if i was a ufc fighter.. i would consider thunderkiss 65 as my walk in music..:D

PENNYWISE...The original skateboard band.

Here is a clip of one of my all time heros..I just dont have enough words to discribe my awe and respect for this lad..43 years old now and still the best skater ever...WHY? Because he pretty much invented every move that all skaters do..

Please check this proper legend out......:D

Pennywise and Rodney Mullen:D

Rodney Mullen is a genius. Used to skate a lot and listened to loads of Pennywise, Bad Religion and every other SoCal punk band.

Also seen White Zombie, twice. Awesome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:49 pm 

Bastard wrote:
Not a fantastic day?

Even had my favourite shirt on too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:58 pm 

Fountains of Wayne i always liked - first three albums are great guitar pop. Saw 'em live three times or so. Always shit. Didn't bother last time they toured.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:13 pm 

Pearl Jam are the best band i've ever seen live, mainly because they're my all time favourite band.

Other great highlights include Wu-Tang Clan, Public Enemy(performing It takes a nation of millions in its entirety) Foo Fighters at Academy 1 after Colour and the Shape, UNKLE, Motley Crue(for the sheer showmanship), Mark Lanegan(coz I met Nick Oliveri after the gig, wasted i asked to rub his head and pull his beard...... he let me) and Jerry Cantrell (on his degredation trip solo tour, mainly coz i got to hang out with his support/backing band before and after the gig and meet him. Now turns out the singer of said support/backing band is now the singer for Alice in Chains)

Gutted i never got to see Soundgarden I was just finding good music when they split.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:31 pm 

Bastard mate..
It was soundgarden supporting alice in chains as i remeber..Im pretty dam sure it was the apollo.. memory-Its in and out at times..:D

Seen public enemy twice at the apollo, on the original def jam tour..1985 and 86..
first time with ll cool j and the beastie boys (white rappers' that'll never last:)).
Second time with run-dmc..

I would have loved to have seen pearl jam live..
My name on youtube is evenflow..
Eddie vedder is a legend, just like chris cornell..And that brings me nicley to temple of the dog..lol see what i did there.:cool:

But yeah two of my fave singers right there..

I said yesterday that i had been listening to another cool as fuck band too..

Stone temple pilots..

And all the pre mentioned i have to say.
.Better than nirvana.:rolleyes:?

Edit..i leave my love of the beasties for another time..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:43 pm 

Skin Sixx wrote:
..... Public Enemy(performing It takes a nation of millions in its entirety)....

Me & Benny went to that - it was a lot of fun. :cool: Seen them twice before that, once at Academy in mid nineties and before that doing a double header with Anthrax at Apollo on the Bring the Noise tour in 92ish.

Wasn't at Alice in Chains w Soundgarden. Never saw Alice in Chains live in fact - gutted really, Face and dirt are two fantastic albums. I liked Nirvana, but liked Soundgarden more.

I'll join in with that Beastie Boys love-in when that happens. Fucking big time. :D I suspect we won't be alone.......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:42 pm 

Bastard wrote:
Me & Benny went to that - it was a lot of fun. :cool: Seen them twice before that, once at Academy in mid nineties and before that doing a double header with Anthrax at Apollo on the Bring the Noise tour in 92ish.

Wasn't at Alice in Chains w Soundgarden. Never saw Alice in Chains live in fact - gutted really, Face and dirt are two fantastic albums. I liked Nirvana, but liked Soundgarden more.

I'll join in with that Beastie Boys love-in when that happens. Fucking big time. :D I suspect we won't be alone.......

This ones for you brother...

No words needed:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:02 pm 
Sign me up for the Beasties.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:08 pm 

That's fucking ace.

Legends.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:43 pm 

Bastard wrote:

Definitely not if you dont love the beasties, there's something mentally wrong with you, been diggin on Pauls Boutique these past few weeks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:24 pm 

the ghost of gibbi wrote:
Any bands people have seen they expected to be good but really weren't?

I expected Ian B to be quite good at T, and he was shite.
Kids in Glass Houses at Academy 3 was shocking too, after wanting it to be good.

Maccabees

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:53 pm 

Not sure if I can put this as a let down , but it was amusing . I went to a Gil Scott Heron gig in Manchester in the mid nineties . I was expecting to see a legend perform live . Instead his band were stood milling around on stage , throwing each other nervous glances and kept getting together in huddles , occasionally leaving the stage to reappear several minutes later .

Well eventually the crowd starts getting rowdy when it's obvious somethings wrong . The lead guitarist steps up to a mic and explains the last time they'd seen Gil had been in a bar in New York knocking backs jd's . His last words being "see you in Manchester for the gig ". He goes on to explain that its a fairly regular occurrence , Gil often gets lost in transit from bar to airport . On the bright side they did reschedule the gig for a week later , and it turned out to be well worth the wait .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTCQSk2l8bc ( anyway some classic Gil for those of you who may not of heard of him .)

On the great live theme The Cinematic Orchestra have to be one of the best sounding live bands I've seen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvFiHvNsZLA

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6