Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:18 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Boxing Thread
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 10:18 am 

Did you go? Wanted to march it but was vetoed.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 3:28 pm 

Bastard wrote:
WAR Carl Froch!

Fucking awesome. What a performance.

Watched it twice now..brilliant performance by the cobra...man im made up for him.
Would love to see the rematch between him and kessler.
nice one carl...

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 4:52 pm 

Doesn't that Bute geezer have a rematch clause for his home town? Sure I heard that.
Prefer to see him bounce Kessler though.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 5:03 pm 

Winston_Smith wrote:
Doesn't that Bute geezer have a rematch clause for his home town? Sure I heard that.

he does mate..but the word is, would he want it..he got owned, he is a decent fighter, but it was his first defence against a elete fighter, and frotch is that, he is underrated by many, but i don't know why..
his 2 losses are against world class fighters, andre ward is pretty special, and i culd see him stepping up a weight.
And kessler has been at the top a long time..
bute had never really fought someone who is a top 3/4 ranked fighter, and to be fair he got utterly exposed..
frotch was superb...

they mentioned rickys performance against kostya , i was at that fight with the mrs, and i would put frotchy up there with that..it was that good..

actually gave me a bit of faith back in boxing, excited me as it were..

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 5:37 pm 

kippax_in_my_blood wrote:
Winston_Smith wrote:

he does mate..but the word is, would he want it..he got owned, he is a decent fighter, but it was his first defence against a elete fighter, and frotch is that, he is underrated by many, but i don't know why..
his 2 losses are against world class fighters, andre ward is pretty special, and i culd see him stepping up a weight.
And kessler has been at the top a long time..
bute had never really fought someone who is a top 3/4 ranked fighter, and to be fair he got utterly exposed..
frotch was superb...

they mentioned rickys performance against kostya , i was at that fight with the mrs, and i would put frotchy up there with that..it was that good..

actually gave me a bit of faith back in boxing, excited me as it were..

Classic performance that, great fight. Lucky git being there.
Never thought much of Kessler, Calzaghe pwned him iirc.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 7:18 pm 

He should offer to get beat up by Andre Ward again.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:50 pm 

Dave haye vs del chiswazza tonight..just had 3 quid on haye ko in the 4th...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:35 pm 

Nearly.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:09 am 

Lmao.just got up cos im working today to seeing amor kahn't getting knocked the fuck out.
Think get my bet back too. Losing bets reurned of it ends before the 5th in the haye fight.
Lol kahn.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:58 pm 

Ricky Hatton returns!

:(

:pray:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:33 pm 

Danny's Studs wrote:
Ricky Hatton returns!

:(

:pray:

Yeah..i just hope its for the right reasons, and that he knows what hes doing..
Sent our james a txt to see if he'd spoke to him or knows any inside info like, but he's heard nothing and called me a blue cunt, thats all...

But if he is in shape and has the hunger, and all the rest..it would be great to see him sparkle kahn't...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:21 pm 

I wonder if Freddie fancies his chances

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:41 pm 

But if he is in shape

debatable

Quote:
and has the hunger

and there's the massive problem.

I can't see how he'd be doing this for the right reasons. I strongly suspect, like so many before him, that he's failed to adjust to life outside the gym/ring. Still doesn't feel like he's got proper closure on his career after getting sparked the fuck out when he faced the two true world class fighters.

Thing is, he's never going to be the fighter he was when he faced Money. I'd be surprised if he could get back to even 60% of that level. He's going to go back in as a slugging brawler with none of his early subtlety or speed. Win or lose he's likely going to take a beating or two depending on who he's pitched in against.

Which leads onto another question - who the fuck will they put him in against? Will he be serving as his own matchmaker for this I wonder? He may well do, in which case I wouldn't be surprised if he offered Junior Witter that fight at last. tbf that's something I'd be quite keen to watch and would do big business in the UK. I can't see him pitching himself any higher than that though - Eddie Hearn made the point tonight that if he wanted to reach a world ranking level he should really fight the top UK fighter first, and the top UK fighter at Welter is Kell Brook. Brook would fucking rape a 2013 Ricky Hatton and I sincerely hope Hatton doesn't go there.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:22 pm 

Bastard wrote:
But if he is in shape

debatable

Quote:
and has the hunger

and there's the massive problem.

I can't see how he'd be doing this for the right reasons. I strongly suspect, like so many before him, that he's failed to adjust to life outside the gym/ring. Still doesn't feel like he's got proper closure on his career after getting sparked the fuck out when he faced the two true world class fighters.

Thing is, he's never going to be the fighter he was when he faced Money. I'd be surprised if he could get back to even 60% of that level. He's going to go back in as a slugging brawler with none of his early subtlety or speed. Win or lose he's likely going to take a beating or two depending on who he's pitched in against.

Which leads onto another question - who the fuck will they put him in against? Will he be serving as his own matchmaker for this I wonder? He may well do, in which case I wouldn't be surprised if he offered Junior Witter that fight at last. tbf that's something I'd be quite keen to watch and would do big business in the UK. I can't see him pitching himself any higher than that though - Eddie Hearn made the point tonight that if he wanted to reach a world ranking level he should really fight the top UK fighter first, and the top UK fighter at Welter is Kell Brook. Brook would fucking rape a 2013 Ricky Hatton and I sincerely hope Hatton doesn't go there.

Utter fucking spot on'ness...
I heard eddie hearn and he was right, he mentioned another young brit fighter too..but kell brook...well to be honest id like to see him fuck kahn't up...

But i think thats where ricky would be looking at a fight with amir kahn't...

Richard keys said he seen him recently on a train, and he was looking in great shape..my brother who is a mate of rickys from when they were kids at sale west, considering everything he has been through,looks in good shape, but he is the only person i know, who wakes up in the middle of the night, snorts a line of ching, and goes back to sleep..:shock:

Its not like he needs the cash...i dunno, id hate to see him get spanked by some young pup and just look like a washed up chump..

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:56 pm 

I've had to put one of the lads on site in digs on his own because he gets up at half three every morning, drinks a cup of coffee, smokes two fags, then goes back to bed. Old Welsh bloke. None of the other lads will share with him because he does it every night and it does their heads in.

Same bloke got banned for drunk driving a couple of years ago. Driving back from a wedding. I've got a copy of his statement somewhere - it says "I was breathalysed and it showed over the limit. I couldn't understand it as I'd only had six pints." :rolleyes:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:17 pm 

Bastard wrote:
I've had to put one of the lads on site in digs on his own because he gets up at half three every morning, drinks a cup of coffee, smokes two fags, then goes back to bed. Old Welsh bloke. None of the other lads will share with him because he does it every night and it does their heads in.

Same bloke got banned for drunk driving a couple of years ago. Driving back from a wedding. I've got a copy of his statement somewhere - it says "I was breathalysed and it showed over the limit. I couldn't understand it as I'd only had six pints." :rolleyes:

My dad in law was the same, and i think he worked better after a few scoops....im off out for a quick dozen..all ways drives home the cock..but he looks like big daddy, so it don't touch the sides..
He aint so bad now , but jesus can he sup... :clap:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:02 am 

He'll fight Malignaggi. And as Malignaggi can't punch, Ricky will rape him. Anybody with a slight brain cn walk through weak punches and beat a guy; this is what Hatton will do. If he went up against Brook, he knows he'll get killed. Why would he put himself up against someone who isn't even world champ to get beat?

On a very slight off top, I'd love to see Brook fight Saul Alvarez. Could that happen? Or is Alvarez too big?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:40 am 

cod head wrote:
He'll fight Malignaggi. And as Malignaggi can't punch, Ricky will rape him. Anybody with a slight brain cn walk through weak punches and beat a guy; this is what Hatton will do. If he went up against Brook, he knows he'll get killed. Why would he put himself up against someone who isn't even world champ to get beat?

On a very slight off top, I'd love to see Brook fight Saul Alvarez. Could that happen? Or is Alvarez too big?

Probs not too big physically, but too big a "name" for now - he's #2 in the world at light middle. Brook will be eased in at world level a bit more by putting him against progressively higher ranked fighters, and at welter. Alvarez vs Mayweather is the one to look forward to.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:08 pm 

Bastard wrote:
cod head wrote:

Probs not too big physically, but too big a "name" for now - he's #2 in the world at light middle. Brook will be eased in at world level a bit more by putting him against progressively higher ranked fighters, and at welter. Alvarez vs Mayweather is the one to look forward to.

Damn straight. Alvarez is the only one out there that I think could beat Mayweather, although Money has comfortably beaten fighters of similar styles. Would be interesting nonetheless.

Also, as mentioned earlier, Kell vs. Khan. Just to put the nail in the twat's coffin :cool:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:30 pm 

Potential fight of they year tonight at middleweight btw - Sergio Martinez vs Julio Cesar Chavez Jnr. Martinez is a masterful boxer with only two defeats in 53 fights. Chavez is a proper mental bastard and is undefeated in 48.

This is a genuine superfight between two of the best on the planet and should be a great watch. For a flavour of the craziness in the build up check out the preview show (torrent).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next