Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:55 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:26 pm 

blue mooner 1988 wrote:
Well that isn't too bad then just a month, Well enough time for us to get knocked out of the FA cup, Europa league and loose our Champs league spot :rolleyes: I'd drop Yaya back into the centre back role becasue imo Lescott and/or Boateng just cannot be trusted.

thought Lescott had a marked improvement last night, looked - dare I say it - solid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:27 pm 

blue mooner 1988 wrote:
Well that isn't too bad then just a month, Well enough time for us to get knocked out of the FA cup, Europa league and loose our Champs league spot :rolleyes: I'd drop Yaya back into the centre back role becasue imo Lescott and/or Boateng just cannot be trusted.

Disagree completely. IMO they both certainly can be trusted. I would even go so far as to say Lescott is currently playing much better than kolo was. As long as vinny stays fit we will be fine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:33 pm 

Our Tommy wrote:
Disagree completely. IMO they both certainly can be trusted. I would even go so far as to say Lescott is currently playing much better than kolo was. As long as vinny stays fit we will be fine.

He played well last night but apart from that he's been pretty poor imo, runs like he's towing a caravan and his distribution with the ball is well, no better than Richard Dunne's was. That twat Rooney was in Kompanys pocket all game in the derby, Lescott marks him once, looses the header and we're one nil down. Typifies his City career for me. Only reason he was so over rated at Everton is because he scored but he doesn't do that anymore either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:36 pm 

blue mooner 1988 wrote:
He played well last night but apart from that he's been pretty poor imo, runs like he's towing a caravan and his distribution with the ball is well, no better than Richard Dunne's was. That twat Rooney was in Kompanys pocket all game in the derby, Lescott marks him once, looses the header and we're one nil down. Typifies his City career for me. Only reason he was so over rated at Everton is because he scored but he doesn't do that anymore either.

If you haven't seen a marked improvement over the last month or so then I must be watching a different player. He needs games to get his touch and consistency IMO. He has done that recently and I think he has most definitely got better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:44 pm 

Our Tommy wrote:
If you haven't seen a marked improvement over the last month or so then I must be watching a different player. He needs games to get his touch and consistency IMO. He has done that recently and I think he has most definitely got better.

Which Derby do you think I'm talking about? apart from that game, he played against Fulham were his distribution was poor. The 3 games in between though we have kept 3 clean sheets. 2 against the mighty aris and 1 against Notts County :rolleyes: he was good last night though, hopefully a turning point to his so far below average City career.

Like I said though I would rather see Yaya drop back there soon as Nige is fit again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:56 pm 

blue mooner 1988 wrote:
Which Derby do you think I'm talking about? apart from that game, he played against Fulham were his distribution was poor. The 3 games in between though we have kept 3 clean sheets. 2 against the mighty aris and 1 against Notts County :rolleyes: he was good last night though, hopefully a turning point to his so far below average City career.

Like I said though I would rather see Yaya drop back there soon as Nige is fit again.

I thought he played well in the derby but yes he made a mistake in letting Rooney win the ball but as I said he needs games to play well and he has been getting better IMO. I haven't seen yaya play centre half so can't say whether he would be better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:18 pm 

Our Tommy wrote:
I thought he played well in the derby but yes he made a mistake in letting Rooney win the ball but as I said he needs games to play well and he has been getting better IMO. I haven't seen yaya play centre half so can't say whether he would be better.

Played there in the champs league final against rags a few years ago and was superb.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:33 pm 

arse. talking out of.

lescott was fine yesterday. and the real concern is vinnie and his hip. kolo has been awful at times this season.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:54 pm 

I've said many times that I think Lescott and Vinny were our best CB partnership last season. It was just cut short by Lescott injury. Lescott strikes me as a confidence player. He now looks confident, so looks assured and comfortable at the back. He was excellent last night.

At the moment, I have no problem with him playif at the back. Certainly rather him than Boateng at the moment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:23 am 

For sure they will give a 2 year ban!

When has the FA ever gone easy on us!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:19 pm 

Always said what a great bloke Arsene was!

Quote:
Wenger reveals reason for Toure drug test fail
Manchester City defender Kolo Toure failed a drugs test after taking a diet pill belonging to his wife, Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger said in a press conference today.

Wenger has spoken with the former Gunners captain since news broke of his positive test for a specified substance.

'He wants to control his weight a little bit because that's where he has some problems and he took the product of his wife,' said Wenger.
Wenger added: 'Never trust your wife! That is how he was caught.'
Toure could face a lengthy ban and is currently suspended from playing for City. The 29-year-old moved to Eastlands in 2009 having spent seven seasons at Arsenal.

Wenger spoke of his character in glowing terms and insisted Toure's error was failing to check the legality of the product he took. 'I think it is a mistake. He was not cautious enough. I don't think there's a desire there to do something wrong and hide it,' said Wenger.

'It is a complete surprise because I had Kolo Toure here for years, I brought him here. He is a boy who has a clean life. He's very honest living, always at home, a family man, and I don't suspect him at all to have taken drugs to enhance his performances.
'I just think it is a mistake by forgetting to ask, "Can I take that?".'

Wenger Toure

perhaps a complimentary Kleenex should be placed upon each seat at Eastlands this year?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:11 pm 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1363066/Kolo-Toure-taken-drugs-insists-banned-defenders-father.html

Quote:
[SIZE="4"]Kolo has never taken drugs and never would, insists father of Manchester City defender Toure[/SIZE]

By Victor Vago Last updated at 4:59 PM on 4th March 2011

* Comments (0)
* Add to My Stories

Kolo Toure's father insists that his son is innocent of the charge of having taken an illicit substance following news of the Manchester City defender's ban.

Mory Toure said: 'Kolo just took a slimming substance for his weight. It was a mistake as he didn't know what was in it.

'But it's wrong to say he has taken anything wrong or that he has taken drugs. He has nothing to do with drugs and never would.

Headache: Kolo Toure was dropped for the FA Cup win against Aston Villa

'Kolo is a strict Muslim, we are a strict Muslim family, and he would never get involved in anything like that. I know him very well. He does everything for his family and would never have anything to do with drugs. He just wants to do things the good way as a Muslim and help his family. He has nothing to do with drugs.

'He's not like that. He is very devout and believes in God a lot. He makes his career and has never even spoken of drugs.

'He's not sad about it. He believes he will be vindicated and that destiny will be on his side and that all will turn out well.'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:11 pm 

The Goat on Twitter
Quote:
Sending out positive vibes to Kolo. I once had to get Huckerby to do a piss test for me after a night on the ol shrooms. FEED ME

What a legend....

perhaps a complimentary Kleenex should be placed upon each seat at Eastlands this year?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:49 am 

boac

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:56 am 

PintoMcGuinness wrote:
The Goat on Twitter

What a legend....

awesome..quote of the year...:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:00 am 

Oh my god, I was laughing hard at that and thought that Pinto made it up, he didnt, The Goat did actually tweat that. Ha!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:41 am 

Danny's Studs wrote:
Oh my god, I was laughing hard at that and thought that Pinto made it up, he didnt, The Goat did actually tweat that. Ha!

Glad you wrote that, I too questioned the veracity of the quote but had not investigated further. Now I know you have I can rest easy and maybe even pass on that quote to my other blue-minded, non-forum reading friends

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:29 pm 

"The Football Club has noted public comments by a number of parties connected to Kolo Toure, regarding the ongoing matter of his current suspension.

Whilst the Club will continue to make no comment on the nature, status and possible outcome of this case until its conclusion, it would like to stress that public statements from such individuals are unhelpful and in some cases untrue.

The Club would like to make it absolutely clear that until comments made by a Mr Gouriso in particular appeared in the public domain, officials of Manchester City knew neither of his existence nor even of his purported connection to Kolo Toure. Suggestions that he has spoken to club officials are wholly without foundation"

Who the feck if Mr Gouriso?

(this may have been answered earlier in the thread but havent got time to read through)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:40 pm 

Valere Gouriso, Toure's advisor, said: 'I will travel to England shortly to support him and deal with it here. It is true that he has been banned.

'Right now the club is waiting for me to get there so that we can sit down and discuss how they make themselves available for this.

'After the match against Manchester United, he was attending a routine doping test. Then it turned out that it was positive.

'Of course he is sad about this and what happened. But he has something which he did not know what it contained.

'He took pills to lose weight. He has only taken these to be successful with it. He has used the pills that his wife used to lose weight. He tried them also to go down. And now it turned out to be some substance in this that was not good. We think it'll work out.'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:25 pm 

Martin Samuel is a Cnut, that is all.:mad:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1363600/MARTIN-SAMUEL-Kolo-Toure-gave-slim-excuse.html