Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 3:04 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:06 pm 

Milnerinho wrote:
I don't know, I couldn't find a picture of the place where I actually enjoyed drinking.

There were about 3 restaurants/hotels in a row and the seating out front went 40 yards from the door, and they leave you be until 2 or 3 on a school night and they ask you if you want a blanket for your legs.

Possibly a big fountain? But it wasn't a square so much as a very wide paved avenue...

Me and the missus went there every morning and ended up getting tanked up on warm mead by about 10.30. Very enjoyable. A man with a bugle played a little tune from the clock tower at the turn of every hour, which was nice. We also saw a tramp play the whole 8 minutes of stairway to heaven on glasses of water.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:10 pm 

EalingBlue wrote:
Me and the missus went there every morning and ended up getting tanked up on warm mead by about 10.30. Very enjoyable. A man with a bugle played a little tune from the clock tower at the turn of every hour, which was nice. We also saw a tramp play the whole 8 minutes of stairway to heaven on glasses of water.

Beautiful place, drove all over Germany. Loved it. They've got class on the whole ze Germans.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:11 pm 

Milnerinho wrote:
We could say it's your stag. That could work for me.

Yeah, and then when you don't go to the wedding, you can be like "Oh yeah, his wife didn't make it..." and then choke up with tears. She won't ask you any questions after that

Right, I don't have either a passport or any money at the moment, but you give me two months and we can have our romantic break away. It's a date, yeah x

Quote:
The world is a beautiful place. You must go into it and love everyone. Try to make everyone happy, and bring peace and contentment everywhere you go. And so I became a waiter ... Well, it's not much of a philosophy I know ... but well ... fuck you! I can live my own life in my own way if I want to! Fuck off!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:14 pm 

slart wrote:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This is a "Brokeback Mountain" moment.

We should savour it.

A friend of my sister hired out two dvds on the same night - Brokeback Mountain and Walk The Line.

She settled down on the sofa for the evening and watched them with her husband. She put on Brokeback Mountain first. After about an hour, and during the first rutting scene, her hubby piped up.

"Which one is Johnny Cash?" he asked.

He sounds like he'd struggle to watch a full film in a sitting. Did their relationship start when she was assigned as his carer?

Quote:
The world is a beautiful place. You must go into it and love everyone. Try to make everyone happy, and bring peace and contentment everywhere you go. And so I became a waiter ... Well, it's not much of a philosophy I know ... but well ... fuck you! I can live my own life in my own way if I want to! Fuck off!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:38 pm 

cars? fucking cars?

ok, not fucking cars, unless you want the old joke about the paddy and the princess

cars bore me. am i subnormal? they don't elicit joy or envy or anything approaching sexual pleasure. am i broken? do i have to get a box set of top gear, a jeremy clarkson mask and a tub of lube to appreciate the whole car thing?

tbf, i would do that anyway

Aguero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:44 pm 

Timpblue wrote:
cars? fucking cars?

ok, not fucking cars, unless you want the old joke about the paddy and the princess

cars bore me. am i subnormal? they don't elicit joy or envy or anything approaching sexual pleasure. am i broken? do i have to get a box set of top gear, a jeremy clarkson mask and a tub of lube to appreciate the whole car thing?

I agree..........and I'm in the industry. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:44 pm 

A while back one of mates was showing me his new car. I nodded approvingly. He flipped open the bonnet and nodded at the engine with a big grin on his face. I nodded back. Next, there was a lengthy silence.

"What the fuck am I supposed to be looking at" I finally said.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:53 pm 

Timpblue wrote:
cars? fucking cars?

Umm I think it's just an effete response borne of our small islander mentality towards class and expecting to hate everything and be middle class.

I think anything that has been designed/made well can have an intrinsic beauty, be it a lady, a building, a car, whatever. I bought a hammer the other day to attack women with in the local park and the handle is made of the most pleasing bit of maple wood it looks and feels amazing.

The church by us is a beautiful building here is a picture, I like to look at it at night, from the park.
I don't care for stats and specs with cars but I think some look beautiful.

It's an extra string to my bow is all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:23 pm 

Micahrichardsatemybaby wrote:
Jesus, don't you even listen? Second post. That's when it became mine?
I despair of you sometimes, you'd think five or so years of hanging around with great guys like me would rub off on you but you're still falling at the first hurdle. I'm surprised they haven't melted you down for glue.

??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:25 pm 

It's a horse metaphor, although he hasn't explicitly mentioned horses.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:27 pm 

Half Bassman Half Biscuit wrote:
??

You don't understand anything do you? You're like a dog with a keyboard. A dog that can read and type and stuff, but your frame of reference is so out of whack you have no real understanding of what's going on.

Quote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:28 pm 

Milnerinho wrote:
It's a horse metaphor, although he hasn't explicitly mentioned horses.

He's right. I tried to go with dogs the second time cos I thought it'd be closer to home

Quote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:35 pm 

You don't understand anything do you? You're like a dog with a keyboard. A dog that can read and type and stuff, but your frame of reference is so out of whack you have no real understanding of what's going on.

I'll tell you what i don't understand. In the last few days you seem to have become somewhat bolshie, and your levels of bollox talking to myself in particular, have become strange to say the least.

If i were you, go to the doctors because you might have tumour growing on the brain, that's making you come out with nonsensical mutterings like you have been doing over recent times.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:36 pm 

I've also never known any dog that can read or type and stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:42 pm 

I've also never known any dog that can read or type and stuff.

What about a monkey?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:42 pm 

ThunderinScitters wrote:
What about a monkey?

not recently.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:14 pm 

If (1) i were (2) you, go to the doctors because (3) you might have tumour growing on the brain, that's making (4) you come out with nonsensical mutterings like (5) you have been doing over recent times.

OK, I'm willing to consider the proposed thought experiment referenced above. I think we can agree that the rules of grammar dictate that the opening proposition (underlined) sets up the parameters in which one should contextualise the remainder of your hypothetical situation. In the opening proposition, you suggest that you (1) are taking the position of MRAMB (2) - this seems fairly obvious. However, this role-reversal has the effect that any reference to MRAMB (real-life) in the remainder of your hypothetical exercise should be referred to as 'I', not 'you', as you (real-life Bassy) have taken the position of MRAMB (hypothetical). The effect of this is that the remaining references to 'you' (3)(4)(5) have an unclear subject. It is proposed that because your hypothetical scenario is taking place in the context of a continuing conflict between you (real-life Bassy) and MRAMB (real-life) that any reference to 'you' (3)(4)(5) in the remainder of the thought experiment most likely refers to a hypothetical 'you'; as we have established that 'I' would represent MRAMB (hypothetical), it is implied that 'you' must represent you (hypothetical Bassy). If that is the case, which your opening parameters to the thought experiment (underlined) would certainly suggest, then I must praise you for your clear sense of (real) self-awareness that you would offer such (hypothetical) advice to yourself. It is respectfully submitted however that posting inane nonsense is not actually a symptom of a brain tumour, and so your self-diagnosis is most likely incorrect.

I believe I have accurately considered your hypothetical scenario, however I am of the opinion that you could have perhaps made the experiment clearer as it required far more linguistic reasoning than is normally required when one is asked to consider such a scenario.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:24 pm 

DarloBlue wrote:
OK, I'm willing to consider the proposed thought experiment referenced above. I think we can agree that the rules of grammar dictate that the opening proposition (underlined) sets up the parameters in which one should contextualise the remainder of your hypothetical situation. In the opening proposition, you suggest that you (1) are taking the position of MRAMB (2) - this seems fairly obvious. However, this role-reversal has the effect that any reference to MRAMB (real-life) in the remainder of your hypothetical exercise should be referred to as 'I', not 'you', as you (real-life Bassy) have taken the position of MRAMB (hypothetical). The effect of this is that the remaining references to 'you' (3)(4)(5) have an unclear subject. It is proposed that because your hypothetical scenario is taking place in the context of a continuing conflict between you (real-life Bassy) and MRAMB (real-life) that any reference to 'you' (3)(4)(5) in the remainder of the thought experiment most likely refers to a hypothetical 'you'; as we have established that 'I' would represent MRAMB (hypothetical), it is implied that 'you' must represent you (hypothetical Bassy). If that is the case, which your opening parameters to the thought experiment (underlined) would certainly suggest, then I must praise you for your clear sense of (real) self-awareness that you would offer such (hypothetical) advice to yourself. It is respectfully submitted however that posting inane nonsense is not actually a symptom of a brain tumour, and so your self-diagnosis is most likely incorrect.

I believe I have accurately considered your hypothetical scenario, however I am of the opinion that you could have perhaps made the experiment clearer as it required far more linguistic reasoning than is normally required when one is asked to consider such a scenario.

I thought it was taking you a while to reply, now i know why.:confused:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:29 pm 

I managed to read the first sentence of that, just.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:38 pm 

Darlo if I were you, then I (you) would be pretty pleased with yourself (iself). But as you and not I am you I can't really comment on it (him).

Congratulations to both of us!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next