Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:00 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1944 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96 ... 98  Next
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:43 am 

I've only seen the cub swanson v korean SP and it was a belter. I actually had the result the other way but kudos to both guys, great fight.

I had also seen that white belt thing a while ago, very good, very cheeky but fun. See the coloured belts getting so wound up he was passing their guard and shit. :D

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:45 am 

UFC207................. :whistle:

return of ronda......

wowzer.... :text-happynewyear:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:10 am 

kippax_in_my_blood wrote:
UFC207................. :whistle:

return of ronda......

wowzer.... :text-happynewyear:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byFXQxQGxxc

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:40 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:17 am 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOH2zLq3ZFw

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:24 am 

Rousey has problems. She was devastated after Holm so this loss will be further damaging. She could retire. At the very least she will sack her coach and someone needs to get in her ear about focusing on her strength...arm barring muthafuckas. She can't stand and trade with boxers. Clear and evident.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:32 am 

Also I don't love Garbrandt but he won that fight. I've never seen DC get tossed like that. I cried a little bit.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:53 pm 

Danny's Studs wrote:
Rousey has problems. She was devastated after Holm so this loss will be further damaging. She could retire. At the very least she will sack her coach and someone needs to get in her ear about focusing on her strength...arm barring muthafuckas. She can't stand and trade with boxers. Clear and evident.

Danny's Studs wrote:
Also I don't love Garbrandt but he won that fight. I've never seen DC get tossed like that. I cried a little bit.

100 percent agree on both points mate.
edmund her coach is a idiot, thats right go and trade with a skilled striker when you are a judo arm bar master.

and seeing dom get whopped by cody sucked..the lad is legit to be fair.

some nerds were saying he should fight conor now..

not mentioning the 9 inch reach advantage conor has.

TJ must get next shot, and i hope he wins.

anyone catch the rizin newyears show..cro cop the grand prix winner ten years after pride...fooking legend.

Also kron gracie was decent against kawajiri the crusher..owned him

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:17 am 

wOW i HADN'T SEEN the Kron fight, thanks for the heads up. Kron is as good as they come, like Roger he keeps his jitz simple, unstoppable. He was punching as well! Looks good. He is now 4 - 0, all submissions. He is on his way. I hope he stays away from the UFC, I am growing tired of the Dana White circus.

Who was the dude during the conor mcgregor presser that yelled out 'I am' and CM said 'who the fook is dat guy?'...was it garbrandt? Anyway, despite the reach advantage garbrandt could give him a fight but you have to think that the way to bneat Cm is grappling and garbrandt has never won by anything except punches and decisions.

Cruz aint finished with yet, muthafucka has a fighting brain, he'll do what he needs to compete with cody next time. He was not at all happy about being in a fight losing situation though, you could see he was well frustrated.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:32 am 

Also Mirko did a great job, but he has to leave the party while it is still heaving. He already has the permanent shakes from head blows, dude has to think of the future and retire. Stand up guy is Cro Cop, never a fairer fighter. Never talked shit, never fought unfairly. Hospitalises people and then gives them a hug. There are a bunch of youtube vids of pre and post fights of him (and others) of Pride fights and the way he speaks to them is always super friendly and respectful. Two that come to mind are: Josh Barnett when Mirko won and JB came in to his room and said congrats and said 'just wanted to clear the air about shit the media have been saying', Mirko shook his hand and said 'its okay, no problems'. The other was when he KO'd Alex Emelianenko and he runs in to Fedor in the hall way and first thing he says 'is you brother okay?', asked him a few time actually.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:33 am 

Danny's Studs wrote:
wOW i HADN'T SEEN the Kron fight, thanks for the heads up. Kron is as good as they come, like Roger he keeps his jitz simple, unstoppable. He was punching as well! Looks good. He is now 4 - 0, all submissions. He is on his way. I hope he stays away from the UFC, I am growing tired of the Dana White circus.

Who was the dude during the conor mcgregor presser that yelled out 'I am' and CM said 'who the fook is dat guy?'...was it garbrandt? Anyway, despite the reach advantage garbrandt could give him a fight but you have to think that the way to bneat Cm is grappling and garbrandt has never won by anything except punches and decisions.

Cruz aint finished with yet, muthafucka has a fighting brain, he'll do what he needs to compete with cody next time. He was not at all happy about being in a fight losing situation though, you could see he was well frustrated.

It was Jeremy Stephens

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:07 pm 

Do you fight at all K'bom?

A few of us from my school are going to Phuket Top Team mid next year. That's completely irrelevant but I thought I'd mention it cos you live in the same country. :o

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:22 am 

Danny's Studs wrote:

A few of us from my school are going to Phuket Top Team mid next year. That's completely irrelevant but I thought I'd mention it cos you live in the same country. :o

Only with the girlfriend and I don't always win :o

I boxed for 3 years when I was at school (13yrs to 16yrs) - My record was 7-2 - I was good - until I came up against people who could box.

This was in the '70s and with Bruce Lee's films and Kung Fu on TV, karate was all the rage. I had the briefest flirtation with Shotokan karate ( I went maybe 3 or 4 times from memory) but my interest was in boxing.

Jiu Jitsu fascinates me, I wish it had been more prominent when I was a youngster - I've been thinking about looking for a club round here to take it up just for fitness sake but work commitments limits my free time.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:36 am 

Khabom wrote:
Danny's Studs wrote:

Only with the girlfriend and I don't always win :o

I boxed for 3 years when I was at school (13yrs to 16yrs) - My record was 7-2 - I was good - until I came up against people who could box.

This was in the '70s and with Bruce Lee's films and Kung Fu on TV, karate was all the rage. I had the briefest flirtation with Shotokan karate ( I went maybe 3 or 4 times from memory) but my interest was in boxing.

Jiu Jitsu fascinates me, I wish it had been more prominent when I was a youngster - I've been thinking about looking for a club round here to take it up just for fitness sake but work commitments limits my free time.

:D

Well I can only say terrific things about BJJ. It's been good to me, and never seen any dick aggro which can come from some disciplines. Never too late mate!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:53 am 

I see everyone is now bagging Rousey saying she never fought any one difficult. I think that's bullshit; Beth Correia, S Kaufman, Liz Carmouche and Miesha tate (twice) are all very decent fighters.

Sure she has never fought the female Cyborg but I don't believe she is actually a she. Particularly after having pissed hot for Stanazol.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:53 am 

I think I may be posting to myself here, but it's cathartic at the very least. I found this vid on YT of two of the finest jitz practitioners on the planet, Marcelo Garcia and Kron Gracie. This is Abu Dhabi Combat Club 2009 and one of the most exciting fights I've ever seen. For those that don't grapple watching this you must be thinking 'why don't you just jump on him and get his back', and that's the beauty of their skills, you just can't get near them. Passing these guys guard is impossible, in this match, I didn't count but pretty sure they do not pass each others guard once in 14 mins, except at the end, and that's when he wins. Have a look how active they are throughout.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIZ3J2h4wiI

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:29 pm 

Danny's Studs wrote:
I think I may be posting to myself here, but it's cathartic at the very least. I found this vid on YT of two of the finest jitz practitioners on the planet, Marcelo Garcia and Kron Gracie. This is Abu Dhabi Combat Club 2009 and one of the most exciting fights I've ever seen. For those that don't grapple watching this you must be thinking 'why don't you just jump on him and get his back', and that's the beauty of their skills, you just can't get near them. Passing these guys guard is impossible, in this match, I didn't count but pretty sure they do not pass each others guard once in 14 mins, except at the end, and that's when he wins. Have a look how active they are throughout.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIZ3J2h4wiI

watched most of it live, was actually still doing a bit then, before knees and age started fucking with me.
i could say marcelo is my fave bjj dude. but i totally marked out for braulio estima around the same time.
And roger too in 07.

love adcc, should have gone in 2011 in nottingham, just a lazy fucker is the reason i didn't. :cool:

That fight you posted is a proper exhibition of the best of the best.

Kron is only going get better, his ain't to bad at mma, to beat the crusher and he did leather good and proper then stretch his neck.
i don't think he is ufc level yet, but we will see.

and as far as grappling i really thought keenan cornelius would take over the world..
but hes still young so, theres time yet..
good post mate.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:49 am 

Without properly appreciating what I was looking at, I enjoyed watching that whole vid. Speed with which they reacted to any move the other guy made, incredible.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:53 am 

Must be pure instinct to instantly know what the other guy's trying to do to you, and to immediately know how to position your body to stop him doing it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:35 am 

Yeh some of the black belts I know say a lot of it is feeling what the opponent is doing, so adjusting to pressure changes and counter it before/when it happens. Also, a great deal of it is knowing what will logically follow each move, and there may be multiple moves but they know them already. At my level I see 1 - 2 moves ahead, black belts tell me they see 4 - 6 moves ahead, and of course they coerce you in to moves that trap you. Luckily we all see the funny side when I tap and then try to centre my jaw back in my head.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1944 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96 ... 98  Next