Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:22 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 543 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:02 pm 

Is it just an internal memo to Suarez?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:09 pm 

His offensive bingo sheet.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:27 pm 

It's a fucking joke telling their supporters how to behave when they can't even prevent their players from using racist language.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:21 pm 

Quote:
Ukip tells Godfrey Bloom to stop referring to 'bongo bongo land'Party rebukes MEP after he defends use of phrase, saying he is articulating views of 'ordinary people in rugby club'
Share 456
inShare.1Email Rowena Mason, political correspondent
theguardian.com, Wednesday 7 August 2013 11.24 BST Jump to comments (1411)

Link to video: Ukip MEP rails against sending aid to 'bongo bongo land' A senior Ukip politician who said Britain should not be sending aid to "bongo bongo land" has been ordered by his party to stop using the phrase because it could be considered "disparaging" by foreigners.

Ukip issued the rebuke to Godfrey Bloom, a member of the European parliament, after his remarks made at a meeting of activists sparked outrage among some MPs and anti-racism campaigners.

Bloom took to the radio on Wednesday morning to defend the use of the phrase "bongo bongo land", saying he was just articulating the views of "ordinary people in the rugby and cricket club".

But shortly afterwards, the Ukip leadership distanced itself from Bloom's expression.

Steve Crowther, the Ukip chairman, said: "We are asking Godfrey not to use this phrase again, as it might be considered disparaging by members from other countries. However, foreign aid is an extremely important debate that needs wider discussion."

Bloom made the comments to a meeting of supporters in the West Midlands, suggesting foreigners used aid to "buy Ray-Ban sunglasses" and "apartments in Paris".

His remarks have emerged in the week Ukip is due to publish its list of approved candidates for next year's European elections, in which the party hopes to get the biggest share of the vote.

Bloom was filmed speaking at a meeting in Wordsley, near Stourbridge, in July. In the recording he says: "How we can possibly be giving a billion pounds a month when we're in this sort of debt to bongo bongo land is completely beyond me.

"To buy Ray-Ban sunglasses, apartments in Paris, Ferraris and all the rest of it that goes with most of the foreign aid. F18s for Pakistan. We need a new squadron of F18s. Who's got the squadrons? Pakistan, where we send the money."

Speaking on Today, he said he did not see why the government should send money overseas when hospitals were being closed down and British people were unable to receive cancer treatment.

"If I want to send money to charity, I will do so of my own accord," he said.

Asked whether he would apologise if instructed to do so by the Ukip leadership, he said: "I'd say right-o, sorry. If I have offended anybody in bongo bongo land, I will write to their ambassador at the court of St James."

Bloom told the programme he was merely articulating the unheeded views of ordinary people, adding: "My job is to upset the BBC and the Guardian and I love it."

Two months ago Farage ensured an Italian MEP was expelled from Ukip's European alliance for saying a black minister in Italy was part of a "government of bongo bongo" who would want to impose "tribal traditions", and would be better suited as a housekeeper.

Bloom said suggestions that his comments carried any racist implications were "absurd" and "laughable", adding that he had two Kashmiri staff and a Polish wife. He stood by his remarks, saying: "What's wrong with that? I'm not a wishy-washy Tory. I don't do political correctness … The fact that the Guardian is reporting this will probably double my vote in the north of England."

In another part of the recording, Bloom says, in reference to a ruling from the European court of human rights: "You can torture people to death but you jolly well can't give them a full life sentence because that's against their human rights.

"We can't hang them because we're now a member of the European Union and it's embedded in the treaty of Rome.

"It's a personal thing but I'd hang the bastards myself … Especially for some of these, especially for the guy who hacked the soldier to death. I do hope they would ask me to throw the rope over the beam because I'd be delighted to do so."

There have been reports that Ukip has been seeking a higher level of vetting for its prospective MEPs, after Farage admitted a "handful" of its local election candidates had caused the party embarrassment.

Bloom's remarks caused outrage among many MPs and campaigners. Rushanara Ali, a shadow development minister, said: "It's just offensive and the kind of thing that should have been consigned to the history books. It's completely at odds with the 21st century.

"If Nigel Farage is serious about getting rid of racism and intolerance in his party, he should take action against politicians who think it's acceptable to speak of people in developing countries in that way."

John Mann, Labour MP for Bassetlaw, said Ukip should "throw him out and stop him standing as an MEP". A spokesman for the Hope, Not Hate campaign said Bloom's remarks were reminiscent of the "Tory party of 1985", when Alan Clark provoked outrage by referring to Africa as "bongo bongo land" in an official meeting.

Bloom has previously caused controversy over some of his comments about women. The MEP was criticised for asking why businesses would ever hire "a lady of child-bearing age" and once said he wanted to get involved in women's rights issues because "I just don't think they clean behind the fridge enough".

also nazi gestures or slogans at a german MEP. particularly embarrassing following Farage getting an italian MEP turfed off their boggle-eyed coalition for similar bongo bongo comments about the black italian minister, and the thing about she'd make good domestic staff.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:00 pm 

lol. That guy gets it. :TopHat1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:01 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:02 pm 

This guy's a nip. He gets it:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:06 pm 

Had a stroll around East Dagenham today, looking for a place to dump 18,000 cubic metres of "non-hazardous" ( ;) ) soil. Fucking shocker. This pic accurately represents my experience:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:08 am 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:01 am 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:14 am 

black and white minstrel smilie!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:00 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:55 pm 

:mad:

I tell you what really fucked me off was I only had the veggie balti and a couple of roti which was half the price of what the other cunts got their jaws around.

And I never had any popadoms neither.

Disciples my arse.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:26 pm 

12 sponging bastards riding on your coat tails you mean?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:23 pm 

it's like they were trolling their own politicians by appointing this lady

Quote:
Italian politician compares black minister to prostituteCécile Kyenge is target of racist remark on Facebook by Cristiano Za Garibaldi, deputy mayor of Diano Marina in Liguria
Share 679
inShare.5Email Tom Kington in Rome
theguardian.com, Monday 26 August 2013 17.20 BST
Italy's first black minister Cécile Kyenge has been the target of several racist remarks by Italian politicians, the latest by a depty mayor you likened her to a prostitute. Photograph: Massimiliano Schiazza/EPA
An Italian politician has likened the country's first black minister, Cécile Kyenge, to a prostitute in the latest in a barrage of racist insults that has shed light on resistance in Italy to racial integration.

Cristiano Za Garibaldi, the rightwing deputy mayor of Diano Marina in Liguria, suggested on his Facebook page that Kyenge frequented an area used by prostitutes, many of whom are black.

Kyenge, 48, who was born in the Democratic Republic of the Congo and moved to Italy 30 years ago, has grown accustomed to the intolerance of rightwing Italian politicians, notably Roberto Calderoli, a former government minister with the Northern League party, who compared her to an orangutan in July. Since being appointed minister for integration in April, Kyenge has pushed for a law granting Italian citizenship to children born in Italy to immigrants, and more recently suggested second homes in Italy could be rented out to homeless people.

That provoked Za Garibaldi, as well as a northern Italian winemaker, Fulvio Bressan, who allegedly called Kyenge a "dirty black monkey" on his Facebook page last week, prompting a debate in the wine world about boycotting his wines.

As Italy experiences large scale immigration for the first time in its history, there have been episodes of benevolence, such as the human chain formed in the sea by bathers in Sicily this month to help migrants land in rough water from their beached vessel. But racist attitudes hold out on football terraces, particularly at Lazio in Rome where one section of stadium was closed at the weekend after racist chanting.

In May, Northern League member and European MEP Mario Borghezio predicted Kyenge would force "tribal conditions" on Italy and create a "bongo bongo" government. Africans, he added, had "not produced great genes".

In June a local councillor for the Northern League called for Kyenge to be raped, so she would understand the seriousness of the attempted rape of two women in Genoa by a Somali. Bananas were thrown at Kyenge during a speech in July.

Za Garibaldi repented on Sunday, saying his comments were "in bad taste and offensive", adding he had made them because he was under stress from having to pay high Italian taxes.

"This is the umpteenth episode in a constant attack that is not only targeted at me, but anyone in this country who dares to think differently," said Kyenge.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:20 pm 

Can't let a wednesday pass by without anything vaguely racist happening.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:20 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:21 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:22 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:25 pm 

Bastard wrote:

brilliant... :clap:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 543 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next