Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:31 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 543 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 28  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:39 am 

Miggs wrote:
to a degree

Yeah I'd probably change many people to a few in fairness.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:42 am 

EalingBlue wrote:
Yeah I'd probably change many people to a few in fairness.

Then I would agree.

Nothing wrong with defining a group by a cultural identity if they do it themselves rather than have it done for them.

There are a few who use their minority activism for their own purposes though. Usually involves them gaining some financial gain by doing so in my experience too strangely. :rolleyes:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:43 am 

how about spotty forceps-head man and angry atomic mutton a like woman?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:47 am 

EalingBlue wrote:
Then why do they form groups like the black police association amongst other things? I don't mind being called white cos I am, it's also written next to the little box I tick on many forms (including the government census), there are always black and asian boxes too. It's my opinion that many people of "ethnic backgrounds" go looking for racism where it isn't there, much like gay people do, it's victimism.

You use the word 'they' as though all black people are part of some minority activist group. Some people take pride in their ethnicity, whilst others would rather not be defined by it. If you are a member of the latter group, then it is obvious why an incident like this might annoy you a bit (though taking it to a newspaper is a step too far in my opinion). As for your 'much like gay people do' comment, I don't understand why you even bothered to say that - the manner that you just stuck it in, in a matter of fact kinda way, makes it appears as a cheap jibe without any real foundation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:48 am 

gibbonicus_andronicus wrote:
how about spotty forceps-head man and angry atomic mutton a like woman?

That'd be fine. :rolleyes:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:55 am 

DarloBlue wrote:
You use the word 'they' as though all black people are part of some minority activist group. Some people take pride in their ethnicity, whilst others would rather not be defined by it. If you are a member of the latter group, then it is obvious why an incident like this might annoy you a bit (though taking it to a newspaper is a step too far in my opinion). As for your 'much like gay people do' comment, I don't understand why you even bothered to say that - the manner that you just stuck it in, in a matter of fact kinda way, makes it appears as a cheap jibe without any real foundation.

you are familiar with EB yes?

at least half the time i'm sure he is chumming the waters. at least.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:04 am 

DarloBlue wrote:

Black people form black police associations, I could of "said black people form their own associations" I suppose. Surely refering to them(;)) as they in that context isn't racist, it's just the way I speak. Gay people (minority of) share the same sense of victimhood, this is a fact, and as Cloudy says, normally financially motivated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:06 am 

you are familiar with EB yes?

at least half the time i'm sure he is chumming the waters. at least.

Bit early for insults, I wasn't aware I was arguing with you.

[color="White"]Pinko:p[/color]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:14 am 

EalingBlue wrote:
Bit early for insults, I wasn't aware I was arguing with you.

[color="White"]Pinko:p[/color]

boac

i was actually saying you're not racist there though. for a change.

[color="White"]facist[/color]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:20 am 

boac

i was actually saying you're not racist there though. for a change.

[color="White"]facist[/color]

Sweet, semantics innit?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:57 am 

EalingBlue wrote:
Sweet, semantics innit?

Are you saying you don't like people of the Jewish persuasion now? ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:09 am 

EalingBlue wrote:
Black people form black police associations, I could of "said black people form their own associations" I suppose. Surely refering to them(;)) as they in that context isn't racist, it's just the way I speak. Gay people (minority of) share the same sense of victimhood, this is a fact, and as Cloudy says, normally financially motivated.

But the sense of victimhood can be seen in most people... women, the 'working class', fat people, alcoholics, lovers of the cardigans, etc...

Oh, and especially those fat, black, working class, alcoholic lesbians who love the cardigans.

To pigeon-hole the 'victimism' to gays and black people is a bit [enter that word that I know what it means, but cannot think of the word here].

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:21 am 

think those are just examples. fatties are now seeking legal protection from rightful persection. i mean proper, two or three seats on the plane fatties. like that c**t who eats 22,000 calories a day, weighs 70 stone and costs the nhs £100k a year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:24 am 

DarloBlue wrote:
But the sense of victimhood can be seen in most people... women, the 'working class', fat people, alcoholics, lovers of the cardigans, etc...

Oh, and especially those fat, black, working class, alcoholic lesbians who love the cardigans.

To pigeon-hole the 'victimism' to gays and black people is a bit [enter that word that I know what it means, but cannot think of the word here].

narrow focus?

christians are getting all pissy because they can't victimise gay people or women, in terms of refusing to ordain them. so some of the splitters (protestants) are being allowed to rejoin the proper (catholic) church. are they being victimised for being (splitter) christians? possibly, but i say it's not enough.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:29 am 

Good job the place was empty apart from them, cos if it wasn't writing 'the black couple' at restaurant in the middle of Islington wouldn't have given them any help at all...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:34 am 

coulda been worse, coulda been "c**t who has elephantitis of the head, women is munter"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:17 pm 

Blue_in_Exile wrote:
Are you saying you don't like people of the Jewish persuasion now? ;)

droll:approve:

DarloBlue wrote:

Um, I was refering to a specific story involving black people, not fatties, alcoholics or bassman:confused: And I chucked gays in there just because.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:45 pm 

This thread is bad bad bad

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:57 pm 

like michael jackson?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:01 pm 

like michael jackson?

He was black. Is it racist to say that?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 543 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 28  Next