Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:11 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 370 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 19  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:07 pm 

cooder wrote:
Just came across this, prominent forummers gaying it up (well, supposed to be, I believe I'm the only one who truly achieved it):

Bastard, Me, Benny, TiD (and my bro)

Made for rogue's gallery that, get it up. Bastard looks like Sharpe. Think that may have been mentioned once or twice before..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:01 pm 

Hello everyone,

Thanks for the PMs.

As some of you are aware Benny and I were very good friends. I will miss him dearly. As we all will, and I'm sure we will mourn him in our own ways.

One thing I'd like to say is that I've noticed a lot of people saying, I hope he knew how much he was loved. I can tell you for certain he was, He adored this place, it was a relief, as it is to all of us, when we want to get away from our real lives. This place made him laugh, it made him feel accepted, and it made him feel part of a community.

that being said, I'd like to suggest that perhaps if people are going to donate something to somewhere on Ben's behalf, then you could perhaps donate something to Bluemoon for the upkeep of the forum. Benny shaped this forum, he was as you have just read on this thread the corner stone of every thing good about this forum, and this forum is something that he truly believed in, as a place for stray city fans from everywhere in the world to come on to meet like minded people and just escape from reality for a bit.

And instead of thinking about what could you have done, please think about what you have done, you ALL made his life a little bit better, and he made ALL of our lives better. Not another person i have met, let alone on here can say the same for themselves.

This has been helping me out a bit over the past few days...

Remember

REMEMBER me when I am gone away,
Gone far away into the silent land;
When you can no more hold me by the hand,
Nor I half turn to go, yet turning stay.
Remember me when no more day by day
You tell me of our future that you plann'd:
Only remember me; you understand
It will be late to counsel then or pray.
Yet if you should forget me for a while
And afterwards remember, do not grieve:
For if the darkness and corruption leave
A vestige of the thoughts that once I had,
Better by far you should forget and smile
Than that you should remember and be sad.

Christina Rossetti.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:35 pm 

Emigre wrote:
Freaky.

Little more mullet and highlight action and it's a dead ringer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:53 pm 

Squidge wrote:

Stefan Effenberg...

Or Bastard?

Just to add to the effect, I also own that very shirt. Usually good for winning an early challenge or two in 5 a side.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:57 pm 

Hi Paddy btw.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:02 pm 

One of my favourite Typical Benny stories so far, from his mum this afternoon:

Apparently on his first day at Chinley Primary School, aged four and a half, the cocksure young Benny walked up to the headmaster and read out the full front page of the Daily Telegraph.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:09 pm 

hi bastard.

you wouldn't look like him if you didn't dye your hair.

benny could read??!!??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:10 pm 

Bastard wrote:
One of my favourite Typical Benny stories so far, from his mum this afternoon:

Apparently on his first day at Chinley Primary School, aged four and a half, the cocksure young Benny walked up to the headmaster and read out the full front page of the Daily Telegraph.

I am sure that one of you clever tecnos will be able to reproduce a cpopy of the Telegraph for Sept 1 1978.

I suspect it would be full of the death of the pope and the appointment of John Paul to be honest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:13 pm 

aug 6th he died.

hahaha. camp david was in the news on 5th sept. fucking homo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:14 pm 

You know what all this means btw.......

[font="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="7"][color="Red"]MOD ELECTIONS!!!111!!!!¦¦¦¦¦one1!!!]]!!!!{{1111!!!!!!!![/color][/SIZE][/font]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:27 pm 

Bastard wrote:

[font="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="7"][color="Red"]MOD ELECTIONS!!!111!!!!¦¦¦¦¦one1!!!]]!!!!{{1111!!!!!!!![/color][/SIZE][/font]

Something that everyone has been studiously avoiding.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:27 pm 
Bastard wrote:

Paddy has a logo for this. Gayer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:30 pm 

Bert Trautmanns neck brace wrote:
Something that everyone has been studiously avoiding.

Nope, just on hold for the moment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:44 pm 

Paddington Blue wrote:
Hello everyone,

Thanks for the PMs.

As some of you are aware Benny and I were very good friends. I will miss him dearly. As we all will, and I'm sure we will mourn him in our own ways.

One thing I'd like to say is that I've noticed a lot of people saying, I hope he knew how much he was loved. I can tell you for certain he was, He adored this place, it was a relief, as it is to all of us, when we want to get away from our real lives. This place made him laugh, it made him feel accepted, and it made him feel part of a community.

that being said, I'd like to suggest that perhaps if people are going to donate something to somewhere on Ben's behalf, then you could perhaps donate something to Bluemoon for the upkeep of the forum. Benny shaped this forum, he was as you have just read on this thread the corner stone of every thing good about this forum, and this forum is something that he truly believed in, as a place for stray city fans from everywhere in the world to come on to meet like minded people and just escape from reality for a bit.

And instead of thinking about what could you have done, please think about what you have done, you ALL made his life a little bit better, and he made ALL of our lives better. Not another person i have met, let alone on here can say the same for themselves.

Remember

Christina Rossetti.

I have to apologise to you, and to Bastard too, for not sending a PM. I do feel bad about that, but it was not because I didn't give a shit about how you were feeling, just because I had no idea what I could say that would offer any comfort at all.

These are the cries of the carrots.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:18 pm 

May God rest his soul in peace. My deepest condolences to all forumers, his family and friends. :(

[color="Red"]--([B]UAE)--[/color] [color="Green"]--(UAE)-- --(UAE)-- --(UAE)--[/color]
[color="red"]--(UAE)--[/color][color="green"] --(UAE)-- --(UAE)-- --(UAE)--[/color]
[color="red"]--(UAE)--[/color] [color="White"]--(UAE)-- --(UAE)-- --(UAE)--[/color]
[color="red"]--(UAE)-- [/color] [color="white"]]--(UAE)-- --(UAE)-- --(UAE)--[/color]
[color="red"]--(UAE)--[/color] [color="Black"]--(UAE)-- --(UAE)-- --(UAE)--[/color]
[color="red"]--(UAE)--[/color] [color="Black"]--(UAE)-- --(UAE)-- --(UAE)--[/color][/B]

Too many cooks spoil a meal :D < [S]For Real Madrid[/S]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:32 am 

^^^All of the above^^^

Dave truly was a top bloke, there's not much I can add. The fact that so many people, many of whom had never met him in person, have been affected is testament to this fact.

I count myself as one of the lucky ones, having met Dave on numerous occassions. I'll never forget our first time (hur hur) in Jabez. Mrs B and I were there, Bastard and his Mrs B, Noddy, Cooder, Cooder-bro and Burnage. I think Dave bought twice as many rounds as anyone else, such was his generous nature. Then he got a little too generous, purchasing enough Jager shots to sink a cruise liner, and to cause a certain forummer *cough*noddy*cough* to have a bit of a sick. Bastard, did it ever wash out of your coat? :D Suffice to say that was the first of many, happy, times with our Benoit.

For anyone who didn't meet him in person he was (hated writing "was" and not "is") exactly the same in the flesh as he came across on here. The last time I saw him, before the West Ham match, some of the topics of conversation were the differences between casseroles and stews and broths and soups. And cheese. Always with the cheese. This is for you mate.

RIP in peace Dave.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:32 am 

Paddington Blue wrote:
Hello everyone,

Thanks for the PMs.

Remember

Christina Rossetti.

well said padster, well said

Aguero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:47 pm 

Badger wrote:
^^^All of the above^^^

Dave truly was a top bloke, there's not much I can add. The fact that so many people, many of whom had never met him in person, have been affected is testament to this fact.

I count myself as one of the lucky ones, having met Dave on numerous occassions. I'll never forget our first time (hur hur) in Jabez. Mrs B and I were there, Bastard and his Mrs B, Noddy, Cooder, Cooder-bro and Burnage. I think Dave bought twice as many rounds as anyone else, such was his generous nature. Then he got a little too generous, purchasing enough Jager shots to sink a cruise liner, and to cause a certain forummer *cough*noddy*cough* to have a bit of a sick. Bastard, did it ever wash out of your coat? :D Suffice to say that was the first of many, happy, times with our Benoit.

For anyone who didn't meet him in person he was (hated writing "was" and not "is") exactly the same in the flesh as he came across on here. The last time I saw him, before the West Ham match, some of the topics of conversation were the differences between casseroles and stews and broths and soups. And cheese. Always with the cheese. This is for you mate.

RIP in peace Dave.

Just for the record...

A casserole is cooked on the hob, a stew in the oven.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:48 pm 

ESM wrote:
Just for the record...

A casserole is cooked on the hob, a stew in the oven.

Isn't that the wrong way round?

Why do you have a casserole dish?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:51 pm 

Bastard wrote:
Isn't that the wrong way round?

Why do you have a casserole dish?

You're right, I really should pay more attention when I post.:confused:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 370 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 19  Next