Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:04 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 370 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 19  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:57 pm 

I never actually met Benny, but he came across as a nice friendly guy. Intelligent, humourous posts. He will be sorely missed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:01 pm 

Posted on wrong thread -

I got locked in my bedroom once. I had to ring Benny and Paddy to come and save me. They jumped in a taxi and came straight round. A great mate. Fact.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:04 pm 

Slut.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:04 pm 

I never met Benny. I do remember though one night in work i was bored, and so, having never spoken to him properly, i PM'd him a long and waffley message. The rest of my night in work was boredom free. He could have ignored the annoying kid messaging him out of the blue.

Just a small thing but y'know, it was nice.

I'll always think of Benny when i hear Little Boots and Soulwax. I still laugh "It's not you it's the brie talking".

A funny, intelligent poster who was always good for a laugh or a debate.

Rest In Peace Benny The Blue. The forum genuinely will not be the same without you and i just hope that you are at peace, free whatever pain you were suffering.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:25 pm 

Rip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:30 pm 

On numerous occasions I've come close to actually meeting Benny, but for various reasons it never materialised. If I remember rightly last time it was Bastards fault as he wanted Benny's pre-match manlove all to himself. What I do know is that from speaking to other people I wouldn't have been disappointed, Benny was Benny.......unlike the likes of Bastard who were proper fucking let downs.:whistle:

You should have said something Benny you retard.:(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:45 pm 

I've actually no idea what to say at this point.

I'm glad i had the chance meeting the big man at several occasions.

Without you, my time in Manchester would have been much different. In a bad way. I'll miss you, mate.

RIP Benoit

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:06 pm 

Obviously i only knew him through this forum, unlike some who knew him in person. I've got to say i am stunned. Totally stunned. It's why i never wrote anything today. He really must have had demons that he couldn't overcome. RIP.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:10 pm 

GermanCityFan wrote:
I've actually no idea what to say at this point.

I'm glad i had the chance meeting the big man at several occasions.

Without you, my time in Manchester would have been much different. In a bad way. I'll miss you, mate.

RIP Benoit

doughnuts cigs and brews

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:19 pm 

His friendliness and hospitality is what I'll most remember him by - I was going through my phone the other day and saw his number from when I was going to meet up with him at the Live for City gig. In the end I didn't go because it was raining, seems so pathetic now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:29 pm 

really sad to here the news about benny my condolences go out to his family and friends

RIP dave. god bless

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:30 pm 

The only forumer I ever met in person. Will miss him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:57 pm 

He was the first person to show a keen interest in me on the forum. By that I mean, before we'd ever really spoke through posts he PM'd me, introduced himself and asked about me. From that day on we spoke almost daily in what became, for me, a truly rewarding friendship. I felt safe telling him things about me that some of my closest family members don't even know. He had this way of connecting with you that made you feel special, but that was his gift.
I last spoke to him last wednesday night. He text me to confirm our meeting for lunch the next day was still on.
The next day he didn't turn up at our arranged time and place. I sent him a text asking where he was but he didn't reply. I waited about an hour and then went home. He wasn't on the forum that night either. I text him the next morning to say not to worry about not turning up, that it didn't matter, I just wanted him to text me back and let me know he was alright. Still I got no reply. I though maybe he was teaching me a lesson for doing the same to him once. But when it got to monday and still no word, I wrote a PM to Bastard asking if he'd seen Benny since thursday because I was worried, I just wanted to know he was alright is all. But I didn't send the PM because I didn't want Benny to think I was telling tales saying he'd stood me up, because when I did it to him he never said anything, never criticised me to anyone.
I wish I'd done more now to contact him. I wish I'd gone to his flat instead of going home on thursday. I wish I'd sent that PM to Bastard. I wish I hadn't just left him to contact me in his own time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:20 pm 

Please don't beat yourself up about it, Jeebs. Seriously. It's natural to wonder 'what if?' and to feel bad for not doing more to help, but I doubt there was much that anyone could do.

These are the cries of the carrots.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:49 pm 

I'm so cut up about this. I can't even talk to the gf about it. She's actually just left me because I went for a couple drinks with a mate instead of "thinking about me and your son". I didn't know what else to do. I thought it was what Benny would have wanted. Instead, while being out, I couldn't raise conversation and I had little wit about me. I'm gutted.

Have you got nothing better to do?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:05 pm 

Is it right to sit here and cry about someone you've never met?

I didn't know Benny personally. I wish I did. He was always really keen to meet up, but I never, ever made the time. From what I'm hearing from others about Benny, I truly regret not having the chance to meet him.

Actually, I did know Benny - like most others on here I felt his love, generosity and kindness through his words and actions on here. I believe he was a truly exceptional human being.

Is there anyone on here who'd like to meet up for a toast at COMs on Sunday - pre-match or half time? Level 1 North Stand I'm in.

*boac

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:06 pm 
Trust me, Jeebs, this was not a snap decision by Benny. This has been coming for a long while and nobody could have done a thing to stop it.

It is natural to ask 'what it', everyone is doing it, but you have to accept that it was unavoidable.

I was saying to Paddy earlier that someone who kills themselves has to override the prime instinct of self preservation. If they can overcome that, then nothing anyone else can say is going to make the least bit of difference.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:13 pm 

Emigre wrote:
Trust me, Jeebs, this was not a snap decision by Benny. This has been coming for a long while and nobody could have done a thing to stop it.

It is natural to ask 'what it', everyone is doing it, but you have to accept that it was unavoidable.

I was saying to Paddy earlier that someone who kills themselves has to override the prime instinct of self preservation. If they can overcome that, then nothing anyone else can say is going to make the least bit of difference.

I was talking to a friend of mine tonight and he said you have to be very brave to do something like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:16 pm 
Bert Trautmanns neck brace wrote:
I was talking to a friend of mine tonight and he said you have to be very brave to do something like that.

This is true. It is not cowardly to choose the path that you believe is right for you, even if it means ending your life. That is indeed a brave decision and an incredibly difficult decision to make.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:26 pm 

You never would've known... he always came across as so good humoured and positive about things, and with the new job and moving and everything... It's heartbreakingly sad that he was going through all this at the same time

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 370 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 19  Next