Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:51 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 370 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 19  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:07 am 

Bastard wrote:
Nah, the knob jokes are fine. If anyone wants to call Ronaldo a fucking gay little * wanker I think his mam's OK with that too. :D

you missed out *preening and cat fucking* there

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:10 am 

gibbonicus_andronicus wrote:
you missed out *preening and cat fucking* there

and 'greasy'...

and 'diving'...

and...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:10 am 

"BOAC, A Bit Of A Chuckle. Popular abbreviation used in text messages and e-mails. Believed to have originated on a Manchester City Football Club on-line fans forum in 2007"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boac

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:12 am 

MrsWeaverToBe wrote:
"BOAC, A Bit Of A Chuckle. Popular abbreviation used in text messages and e-mails. Believed to have originated on a Manchester City Football Club on-line fans forum in 2007"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boac

Have you put that on?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:26 am 

Hello.

I've never been on here before but same as you, was one of Benny's friends from a non-football walk of life and knew he spent a lot of time on here.

I just wanted to thank all of you for the fantastic messages of support on here. It's amazing to see how many people loved him and will miss him. People that knew him so well even thought they'd never met him.

I think it helps to write about how your feeling at time like this. Same as most people on here I've been going through phases of anger and just questioning why... asking why the hell he didn't talk to us, why he didn't mention something in the pub on Friday afternoon, when we were drinking and laughing. Why didn't he just say something one of the times when I hugged him and WHY... :(

I'm sure anyone who knew him would have dropped everything and rushed to do anything for a man that everyone agrees was probably one of the nicest people you could ever meet. An intelligent, funny, thoughtful, selfless person. And one who was great to be around

I love the posts - the old pictures he posted, the cowboy boots and especially the graph of bennylove ratio :) it makes me smile to see he had so many friends that loved him so much.

We were in the process of making him a leaving book for his move to the isle of man. Various pictures of him in hilarious situations and some great ones of his birthday / GlastonBenny round at his house. This leaving book seems even more apt now and we're going to continue with it. I love the tribute ideas of something at Man City as well and I know he would have loved that.

I'm glad that my last memory of Dave is him laughing and joking and generally being dave in the 4 in hand on Friday. That memory will stay with me forever.

I had probably known him for only 12 months but spent many weekends at his house or him round at ours. I'll miss him a lot. I hope he's happy and smiling and peaceful and I hope one day I'll see him again.

Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:27 am 

cooder wrote:
Have you put that on?

No I just found it like that

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:31 am 

Mark McIver wrote:
Hello.

I've never been on here before but same as you, was one of Benny's friends from a non-football walk of life and knew he spent a lot of time on here.

I just wanted to thank all of you for the fantastic messages of support on here. It's amazing to see how many people loved him and will miss him. People that knew him so well even thought they'd never met him.

I think it helps to write about how your feeling at time like this. Same as most people on here I've been going through phases of anger and just questioning why... asking why the hell he didn't talk to us, why he didn't mention something in the pub on Friday afternoon, when we were drinking and laughing. Why didn't he just say something one of the times when I hugged him and WHY... :(

I'm sure anyone who knew him would have dropped everything and rushed to do anything for a man that everyone agrees was probably one of the nicest people you could ever meet. An intelligent, funny, thoughtful, selfless person. And one who was great to be around

I love the posts - the old pictures he posted, the cowboy boots and especially the graph of bennylove ratio :) it makes me smile to see he had so many friends that loved him so much.

We were in the process of making him a leaving book for his move to the isle of man. Various pictures of him in hilarious situations and some great ones of his birthday / GlastonBenny round at his house. This leaving book seems even more apt now and we're going to continue with it. I love the tribute ideas of something at Man City as well and I know he would have loved that.

I'm glad that my last memory of Dave is him laughing and joking and generally being dave in the 4 in hand on Friday. That memory will stay with me forever.

I had probably known him for only 12 months but spent many weekends at his house or him round at ours. I'll miss him a lot. I hope he's happy and smiling and peaceful and I hope one day I'll see him again.

Mark

Keep faith dude. Good to have you with us.

Have you got nothing better to do?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:40 am 

Mark McIver wrote:
Hello.

Mark

Hi Mark. Sorry we've had to 'meet' in such circumstances but welcome to the forum and thanks for your words about our Benny.

These are the cries of the carrots.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:42 am 

cooder wrote:
Have you put that on?

And as if I would have been able to spell... "abbreviation" all on my own.

I wonder if Benny put it on there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:42 am 

MrsWeaverToBe wrote:
And as if I would have been able to spell... "abbreviation" all on my own.

I wonder if Benny put it on there.

It's been on there a while. Not sure who's doing it was though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:46 am 

Mark McIver wrote:
Hello.

Mark

Beautifully put mate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:49 am 

Mark McIver wrote:
Hello.

Mark

Well said.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:50 am 

Mark McIver wrote:
Hello.

Mark

Nice to meet you Mark. One day, when we meet Benny again, we'll all have a drink wherever it is that we go when we pass over, probably something in a glass with a poncy straw, smoking marlboro lights and chatting about whether City's latest formation is working or not. I'm hoping Benny's making friends with Frank Swift, I'd like him to introduce us one day! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:52 am 

MrsWeaverToBe wrote:
Nice to meet you Mark. One day, when we meet Benny again, we'll all have a drink wherever it is that we go when we pass over, probably something in a glass with a poncy straw, smoking marlboro lights and chatting about whether City's latest formation is working or not. I'm hoping Benny's making friends with Frank Swift, I'd like him to introduce us one day! :)

I fucking love you KB. Genuinely fucking love you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:58 am 

Benny and I were not as close as we used to be in the last 6 months but I am going to miss him deeply - great friend, neighbour, drinking buddy, confidant and ironically one of the few people who would have genuinely made me feel better about such devastating news.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:32 pm 

mark, MWTB, burnage - well put.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:36 pm 

MrsWeaverToBe wrote:

This. But first of all I'm going to kick him in the balls for being such a daft sod.

These are the cries of the carrots.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:37 pm 

Labmonkey wrote:
This. But first of all I'm going to kick him in the balls for being such a daft sod.

Another smile. First time I've smiled twice in one day for a couple of days!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:38 pm 

He was the last person to ban me on here, well, me and Gibbi to be fair, now i feel quite honoured.;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:46 pm 

Half Bassman Half Biscuit wrote:
He was the last person to ban me on here, well, me and Gibbi to be fair, now i feel quite honoured.;)

Concur!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 370 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 19  Next