Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Sun Jun 02, 2024 8:27 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 397 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 20  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:13 am 

the ghost of gibbi wrote:
Wimbledon, Sunday, Andy Murray's Wimbledon, tomorrow

i don't give a toss who wins it. all these sad sacks who only watch tennis once a year they make me laugh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:14 am 

Half Bassman Half Biscuit wrote:
i don't give a toss who wins it. all these sad sacks who only watch tennis once a year they make me laugh.

I must confess to being one of these, but after last night's match, he did the country proud, but I fully expect him to be knocked out in the next round against Rafael Nadal

Have you got nothing better to do?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:17 am 

I must confess to being one of these, but after last night's match, he did the country proud, but I fully expect him to be knocked out in the next round against Rafael Nadal

he did indeed, do Scotland proud.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:19 am 

he did indeed, do Scotland proud.

Do you not read newspapers??? He was born in England, in Newcastle. His grandma still lives there

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:20 am 

Do you not read newspapers??? He was born in England, in Newcastle. His grandma still lives there

Newcastle? So far north, the Jocks might as well have it.

no no no, i like the foreigners. it's those c nts in white football shirts that get on my tits. - GA (on England)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:21 am 

Frank Blue wrote:
Newcastle? So far north, the Jocks might as well have it.

Yep... Born in Newcastle and moved to Dunblane when a couple months old. Wiki is wrong!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:22 am 

Why though? If, once a year, people get excited about a sport and enjoy themselves why is that so sad. I'm guessing lots of people only ever watch music or go to a concert once a year when Glastonbury is on. Are they sad? Why do people have to be all or nothing? Your reasoning is flawed and your dislike of people for no apparent reason is bordering on sociopathic. Discuss.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:24 am 

How long until the Olympics? :rolleyes:

no no no, i like the foreigners. it's those c nts in white football shirts that get on my tits. - GA (on England)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:24 am 

Frank Blue wrote:
How long until the Olympics? :rolleyes:

They really do bore me I'm afraid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:31 am 

Emigre wrote:
Why though? If, once a year, people get excited about a sport and enjoy themselves why is that so sad. I'm guessing lots of people only ever watch music or go to a concert once a year when Glastonbury is on. Are they sad? Why do people have to be all or nothing? Your reasoning is flawed and your dislike of people for no apparent reason is bordering on sociopathic. Discuss.

with me it is all or nothing, your either in or out. no half measures.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:32 am 

With most other people it's patriotism when an "britishman" is playing in Britain.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:34 am 

this wimbledon thing with me is this. People who have or show no interest in tennis all year round, for two weeks go ballistic, as if they are all massive tennis fans, which they quite clearly aren't. that, i find extremely weird.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:35 am 

With most other people it's patriotism when an "britishman" is playing in Britain.

well, i'm not what you'd call patriotic, and i find tennis to be tedious at best.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:36 am 

But that's just impossible to maintain as an ethos. You must do some things on a whim, without feeling the need to obsess. The alternative is just too much hard work and besides, you're missing out on a lot of perspective. You can't really hope to understand other people if you don't observe and you are a human being therefore by your own ethos, you should be obsessed with the thirst for understanding about your fellow man. You are here on this planet so should you not want to go full-tilt, no half measures, in your pursuit of understanding?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:37 am 

well, i'm not what you'd call patriotic, and i find tennis to be tedious at best.

i am the same with cricket. joins Baseball and basketball for me on that list of boring spectator sports.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:38 am 

Emigre wrote:
But that's just impossible to maintain as an ethos. You must do some things on a whim, without feeling the need to obsess. The alternative is just too much hard work and besides, you're missing out on a lot of perspective. You can't really hope to understand other people if you don't observe and you are a human being therefore by your own ethos, you should be obsessed with the thirst for understanding about your fellow man. You are here on this planet so should you not want to go full-tilt, no half measures, in your pursuit of understanding?

depends what it is you want to understand. some things i don't want to know.

Post subject:
this wimbledon thing with me is this. People who have or show no interest in tennis all year round, for two weeks go ballistic, as if they are all massive tennis fans, which they quite clearly aren't. that, i find extremely weird.

And yet you don't try to understand. You just write them off. They are clearly having fun, not being sad. Do you not thirst for understanding? Are you going to be half-assed in this respect?

Post subject:
depends what it is you want to understand. some things i don't want to know.

You said all or nothing. You can't have it both ways.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:40 am 

Emigre wrote:
And yet you don't try to understand. You just write them off. They are clearly having fun, not being sad. Do you not thirst for understanding? Are you going to be half-assed in this respect?

i think they are the ones who are trying to fullfill themselves. They have this weird obsession with wanting someone british to win a tennis tournament. why? I couldn't give a monkeys toss who wins it. Blimey, all that henman nonsense bordered on obsession, and then they even backed a Canadian to become a british winner:D, how sad is that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:42 am 
i think they are the ones who are trying to fullfill themselves. They have this weird obsession with wanting someone british to win a tennis tournament. why? I couldn't give a monkeys toss who wins it. Blimey, all that henman nonsense bordered on obsession, and then they even backed a Canadian to become a british winner:D, how sad is that?

But you're not even trying to understand their point of view. Why? Are you not interested in human nature? Don't dismiss what you don't understand.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 397 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 20  Next