Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:31 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:31 pm 

Federal Court Ruling from the Courier Mail, Australia

A seven year old boy was at the centre of a courtroom drama yesterday when he challenged a court ruling over who should have custody of him.

The boy has a history of being beaten by his parents and the judge initially awarded custody to his aunt, in keeping with the child custody law and regulations requiring that family unity be maintained to the degree possible.

The boy surprised the court when he proclaimed that his aunt beat him more than his parents and he adamantly refused to live with her. When the judge suggested that he live with his grandparents, the boy cried out that they also beat him.

After considering the remainder of the immediate family and learning that domestic violence was apparently a way of life among them, the judge took the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to propose who should have custody of him.

After two recesses to check legal references and confer with child welfare officials, the judge granted temporary custody to the Australian Cricket team, whom the boy firmly believes are not capable of beating anyone.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:16 pm 

I meant the oval..ffs.. :oops:

Ive worked at a school next door to the oval at kennington..it was like bastards pic of those monitors...

love the pun btw bert.. :clap:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:39 pm 

Safe to say our selection gamble bringing in 2 new bowlers hasn't paid off yet :rolleyes:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:15 am 

South East Citizen wrote:
Safe to say our selection gamble bringing in 2 new bowlers hasn't paid off yet :rolleyes:

But it's no gamble really, urn is safe, and let's face it can never harm bringing in youth. Worst thing that could happen is injuries to key players before heading to out joint in 4 months.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:32 am 

Danny's Studs wrote:

But it's no gamble really, urn is safe, and let's face it can never harm bringing in youth. Worst thing that could happen is injuries to key players before heading to out joint in 4 months.

Would've been better off giving Tremlett and Finn a test to get back to fitness / form. There's now way either of those youngster will feature in Australia so what's the point.

The series is safe but it's not shaping up to be the triumph it could've been. You win this one and it's 3-1, and you could say with some justification that you only lost because of unlucky weather and Broad being a bit naughty. Not the confidence boost it could've been going to Aus.

Thank fuck for Ian Bell. After him, the next 4 top highest scoring batmen of the series are Australian. What a turn around :(

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:59 am 

Danny's Studs wrote:

Would've been better off giving Tremlett and Finn a test to get back to fitness / form. There's now way either of those youngster will feature in Australia so what's the point.

The series is safe but it's not shaping up to be the triumph it could've been. You win this one and it's 3-1, and you could say with some justification that you only lost because of unlucky weather and Broad being a bit naughty. Not the confidence boost it could've been going to Aus.

Thank fuck for Ian Bell. After him, the next 4 top highest scoring batmen of the series are Australian. What a turn around :(

All good points, it has been closer than I thought it would be, more because your lot have let us off the hook rather than great team play from us.

I've seen Tremlett in the flesh at the WACA. He is built like a gorilla. He really is. Massive ice cream freezer.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:28 pm 

Hasn't been a classic ashes if truth be told.

Think we can safely call this one a draw.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:30 pm 

Hais all

broads actions were a bit unsavoury but nothing too malicious.

The umpiring was more annoying than anything the poms could muster. Some of those decisions were laughable even with the DRS.

Once again though the weather has almost spoiled a good series 50/50 with test matches in england as to losing time throughout the test that will effect the result and it happened a couple of times but meh. Bring on the footy!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:45 am 

Morning miggs

How are you?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:17 pm 

Bert Trautmanns neck brace wrote:
Morning miggs

How are you?

Good mate! Took my old man out for breakfast for Fathers Day then slept all day. Now watching Pool v Utd.

Wbu? :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:45 am 

Well fuck me it comes around quick. So it begins again, they predict whitewash as England are super strong right now but on our pitch and I think Aus will put more of a fight in than most give'em credit for. The Aus team is unhinged, no doubt and that is their biggest problem. (besides England being good).

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:07 pm 

We'll miss Prior if he can't play. I'm expecting it to be very close and exciting. Also expecting Broad to get dogs abuses throughout.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:14 pm 

he's prepared for it. he knows what he's done. he's in for a proper teabagging. I can't wait. I'll be at the boxing day test. you won't see me, but you'll see the jizz fly. cunt.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:07 am 

Whoops. Good old traditional England collapse then.

Mitchell Johnson and Ryan Harris look like a proper bowling attack at the moment. Johnson should've played over here judging by that performance.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:06 am 

yeh not really suitable pitches for him SEC. he has done well here, but I think england are as responsible for this demise while aus bowlers have done their job 'okay'. the tactic worked, we can say that. can also say that on that wicket both batting teams failed. loooooong way to go. I was expecting an england foam wash, but this makes it interesting. good.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:17 am 

Fair enough. He's certainly got bags of aggression though and knows how to bang it in short. As you say, probably more suited to drier Aussie pitches.

Good start for Aus in the 2nd innings. It'll take some decent pretty cricket from England to save this one now.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:56 pm 

Danny's Studs wrote:
yeh not really suitable pitches for him SEC. he has done well here, but I think england are as responsible for this demise while aus bowlers have done their job 'okay'. the tactic worked, we can say that. can also say that on that wicket both batting teams failed. loooooong way to go. I was expecting an england foam wash, but this makes it interesting. good.

agreed mate..
good aussie tactics, and this makes for a good series...wish i could be at the famous boxing day test.. :) *

*I would get in a carry me home state.. :TopHat2

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:25 am 

Warner broke Trott :(

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:33 am 

That's really weird. They say it's not related but.... :think:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:08 pm 

It must be. Anyway, best he goes now rather than amassing another 20 runs in the next test. Cricket's not the game to be playing if your head's up your arse.

Start couldn't have gone much worse from England's point of view. Maybe the team are being fed the wrong kind of quinoa? Read a funny article by Boycott the other day in which he said England prepared 28 pages on what they should and shouldn't eat while they're out there, but have no idea what to do when someone bowls pace at them.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next