Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:01 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10697 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 530, 531, 532, 533, 534, 535  Next
 Post subject: Re: The News Thread
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:20 am 

Same generation that benefited from free university education then scrapped it. Cunts. Homes where they jandcuff you to the radiators for those fuckers There has always been racist shit yeah, but they seem emboldened by the vote and a lot more overt than previously. Ser the graffiti on the polish cemtre in london, a centre set up by poles that actually fought for the country in WW2. Not all the 52% are racist, but apparently most if not all racists are in the 52%. Not lost sight of the bigger picture tbh, that's the terrifying thing that's going to keep developing. GBP in apparent freefall, loss of AAA credit ratings, £40bn/14% wiped off the ftse 250 in two days of trading. It's fucking horrifyung. One small bit of solace was the sun story saying bad things are now going to happen, and the comments below getting hysterical and asking why these things weren't covered by the sun before the vote.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:34 pm 

You have to remember that the baby boomers in the 1970s voted us in because they were told it was a trade agreement and then found it became parliaments and laws and straight cucumbers. This was a chance to take revenge.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:41 pm 

Largely a meh from me.

Markets will recover - FTSEs 100 and 250 are back up 2.6 and 3.5% respectively so far today. Sterling also rising back against the dollar. Bear in mind that the apparent scale of the collapse was amplified due to the mini-bubble created by investors in the days leading up to the referendum when bookies had remain as a heavy favourite.

The credit rating lowering was the remaining 2 agencies (S&P and Fitch) - we'd already been lowered by the other lot in 2013 and it barely registered then. Tbh anyone who's seen The Big Short will have a feel for how much of a nonsense credit ratings are. :rolleyes:

It's dominating the news atm but I suspect it won't be long before everyone is wondering what all the fuss was about/what the point of it all was.

The racist stuff over the last few days however is absolutely deplorable and I condemn it in the strongest possible terms - it really should be kept to Wednesdays only.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:28 pm 

:D

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:03 pm 

Are we lacking a bit of decent news atm? Everything seems pretty inconsequential and has done for a few weeks.

Don't know what we need though. :think:

What sort of news would you like to see Forum?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:49 pm 

Bastard wrote:
Are we lacking a bit of decent news atm? Everything seems pretty inconsequential and has done for a few weeks.

Don't know what we need though. :think:

What sort of news would you like to see Forum?

Just make up some stupid shit that nobody would ever believe could happen - like Britain voting to leave Europe, or the US electing Donald Trump as president.

Or the Cubs winning the World Series.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:44 pm 

Confused about this latest possible parliamentary block to brexit
parliament passed an act tomsay we could have a referendum . We had a referendum .
Millions of people voted. Rightly or wrongly the vote was to leave and the government said we will start Article 50 in March . Now some unhappy people say only parliament can say whether we leave or not.
What was the point of all the fuss and cost of the referendum?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:49 pm 

Seems like a while since we had a Loch Ness Monster sighting. I'd like to see Nessie make a reappearance.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:43 pm 

Bert Trautmanns neck brace wrote:
parliament passed an act tomsay we could have a referendum . We had a referendum .
Millions of people voted. Rightly or wrongly the vote was to leave and the government said we will start Article 50 in March . Now some unhappy people say only parliament can say whether we leave or not.

UK law says any decision to leave has to be ratified by Parliament Bert. :TopHat2 Fair enough I think.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:11 pm 

Bert Trautmanns neck brace wrote:

Because Dave wanted a bit of an electoral wank without causing a general election, and no one thought the public would vote for economic suicide and then pose this very question. it was always the case that this would have to be voted on by parliament, seeing as our democracy is one of elected representatives.

Post subject: The News Thread
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:55 pm 

I voted remain and was (and still am) appalled by the result of the referendum. That said, I'm a democrat and I think it's wrong that parliament could block article 50 being triggered. Parliament's there to represent the people because you can't hold a referendum on every issue, but when there's been a nationwide referendum, there shouldn't need to be any involvement from MPs. If it's to be overturned it should be by another referendum based on the misinformation peddled by the Out campaign in the first one (the £350m bullshit for example).

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:58 am 

And of course Trump got in, so the course of history may have changed as of right now.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:05 am 

i now refer to 2016 as fuck it,this year just don't give damn who it takes or what it gives us.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:19 pm 

South East Citizen wrote:
I voted remain and was (and still am) appalled by the result of the referendum. That said, I'm a democrat and I think it's wrong that parliament could block article 50 being triggered. Parliament's there to represent the people because you can't hold a referendum on every issue, but when there's been a nationwide referendum, there shouldn't need to be any involvement from MPs. If it's to be overturned it should be by another referendum based on the misinformation peddled by the Out campaign in the first one (the £350m bullshit for example).

I agree in principle but when the electorate is woefully uninformed/misinformed/using it as a protest vote to stick it to dave then just maybe we should fall back on what should've happened in the first place - representatives debating the issue before voting.

As for Trump... fuck me. We're fucking doomed.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:19 pm 

Were not doomed .he has nothing to do with us.
He's a billionaire.you don't get that by being a mong.
He's lucked his way in. Let's see what he does .
I didn't like Clinton she was untrustworthy.
And a flat dick. She should be at home priming bills cigars..

I want to see this wall around Mexico.....built by Mexicans.

It's gonna be lolz with El presidente trump...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:41 pm 

kippax_in_my_blood wrote:

If only that were true.

True... It helped inheriting a few hundred million from his dad to invest at the end of the 90's though (having been basically bankrupt a couple of years before). Makes me laugh these thickos in the rust belt claiming he's their saviour - I wonder how many times he chose US steel over cheaper imported steel on the way to building his property empire...

Fuck it, people get the politicians they deserve. Good luck to them.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:21 pm 

South East Citizen wrote:

If only that were true.

True... It helped inheriting a few hundred million from his dad to invest at the end of the 90's though (having been basically bankrupt a couple of years before). Makes me laugh these thickos in the rust belt claiming he's their saviour - I wonder how many times he chose US steel over cheaper imported steel on the way to building his property empire...

Fuck it, people get the politicians they deserve. Good luck to them.

Your last line sums it perfectly mate.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:04 pm 

Hope for the best, expect the worst.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:35 pm 

I'll go along with kimbo on this. The likelihood of him having any tangible effect on any of us is negligible. I doubt very much that we'd notice any difference in our lives between him or Clinton being president.

It's another news event that's been met with OTT faux outrage - add it to the list with the last two GE's and Brexit where there'll be weeks of bedwetting and handwringing for something that's ultimately pretty inconsequential.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:31 pm 

Bastard wrote:

I'll go along with kimbo on this. The likelihood of him having any tangible effect on any of us is negligible. I doubt very much that we'd notice any difference in our lives between him or Clinton being president.

It's another news event that's been met with OTT faux outrage - add it to the list with the last two GE's and Brexit where there'll be weeks of bedwetting and handwringing for something that's ultimately pretty inconsequential.

Yep utter conk.
The outrage shown in the near riot protesta is just a bunch.of mard arses.

So they.elected a asshat.
Was G W any different.
He was bent as 9 bob note.
Id be morw.concerned if clinton had got in.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10697 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 530, 531, 532, 533, 534, 535  Next