Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:04 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10697 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 535  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:29 pm 

Danny's Studs wrote:
Can anyone tell me what exactly Sinn Fein president Gerry Adams does?

Not sure, at least it doesn't involve blowing up children(allegedly) anymore.
He's an MP but refuses to attend because he won't swear allegiance to the queen etc, wonder if he still gets paid for that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:30 pm 
This is my favourite headline of the day so far.....

Smith attacked on violence campaign

The ironing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:31 pm 

Emigre wrote:
He spends all day trying to persuade himself that he was more than just a meaningless puppet and figurehead for a terrorist organisation.

Well said that man:approve: I think McGuiness is the one with the most blood (allegedly) on his hands, you can see it in his eyes

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:34 pm 
EalingBlue wrote:
Well said that man:approve: I think McGuiness is the one with the most blood (allegedly) on his hands, you can see it in his eyes

I could happily spend all day watching Martin McGuiness being bludgeoned to death.

Or did you mean Paddy McGuiness. Those Greggs ads are fucking irritating.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:36 pm 

Emigre wrote:
I could happily spend all day watching Martin McGuiness being bludgeoned to death.

Word.
His appearance on the news last night made the stella in my blood boil:mad:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:43 pm 

David Beckham has confirmed to Sky Sports News that the main influence over his move to AC Milan was to seal a place in the England squad for the 2010 World Cup finals.

The Three Lions are flying high at the top of their qualifying group and are on course to be one of the first European countries to book their place in South Africa next year.

Beckham has battled his way back into the international fold under Fabio Capello, but playing in Major League Soccer with Los Angeles Galaxy was hampering his efforts because of the differing playing schedules.

Now, having joined Milan on loan in January, he has seen his move extended until the end of the Italian season. He will then return to LA before finalising a permanent deal to rejoin Milan in December.

Beckham admits the chance to play for one of the biggest clubs in the world again was a huge lure, but the 'obvious' reason was his desire to play in another World Cup.

"There are a few reasons, one because I am playing with one of the biggest clubs in the world, and playing with some of the best players in the world and I am passionate about doing that as I have done that throughout my career," he told Sky Sports News.

"But the one that everyone talks about is that it gives me the chance to play in the 2010 World Cup and I have to do everything I can to be involved in that."
American hopes

Despite his move away from America, Beckham insists he continues to be as passionate about making football a success across the Atlantic - with some reports claiming he has already agreed to buy a franchise in MLS when he retires.

"It won't happen over a year a two it will be five, 10 or 15 years," he said,

"There is still a lot of hard work to be done but as long as it continues - if we have the success that we have had with attendances and their interest in the game continues to grow then that will be positive.

If he gets near the squad in 2010 it will be a disgrace. We got Lennon,Bentley and Sweep that can all play there and maybe Joey Cole. What we gonna do bring him on for a token free kick??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:45 pm 
Gallagheresque wrote:
If he gets near the squad in 2010 it will be a disgrace. We got Lennon,Bentley and Sweep that can all play there and maybe Joey Cole. What we gonna do bring him on for a token free kick??

Conker. Beckham is a disgrace. He made a promise to LA then just fucked them off when he fancied it, and now expects to walk in to the England team. He should be told where to go. Loyalty obviously means nothing to the twat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:48 pm 

Danny's Studs wrote:
Greenies, oh they make me laugh. I will admit to being 'green' when it suits me, on my terms, I will recycle however I will happily jump on an aeroplane at any opportunity I get. I have no idea if what I actually recycle even gets recycled.

These people want to stop the new runway at Heathrow, they can fuck off, I am all for it. Better air travel, hopefully cheaper in the long run, more tourists which is again better for the economy.

Just for greenies;

Cattle are responsible for about 3.5% of US greenhouse gas emissions, on a CO2 equivalent basis. To keep this in perspective:
  • 2% of greenhouse gas production is in the form of methane from garbage decomposing in landfills.
  • Roughly 2% is chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs) from air conditioners, refrigerators and industrial processes.
  • Other industrial processes (especially cement manufacture) produce about 2%.
  • Burning jet fuel accounts for more than 3%.
  • 12% of greenhouse gas emissions are CO2 emitted generating electricity which is used in residential applications like lighting, TVs, computers, and refrigerators.
  • 17% came from burning gasoline in cars and trucks.

that's why the fuckers all drink soya milk and are vegetarian. how much c02 is produced by humans? if they really care they should kill themselves and remove that much co2 fromt eh annual production levels. and then we can carry on eating steak and flying abroad, on ever more efficient aircraft.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:49 pm 

Martin McGuiness was in charge of the IRA in Derry - one of the most active places during the troubles, so I'm guessing he has more blood on his hands than most.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:50 pm 

Also heard that he is gonna play in a friendly for Milan against the Galaxy.i hope Xavier breaks him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:53 pm 

South East Citizen wrote:
Martin McGuiness was in charge of the IRA in Derry - one of the most active places during the troubles, so I'm guessing he has more blood on his hands than most.

Where's Derry? Do you mean Londonderry?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:57 pm 

EalingBlue wrote:
Where's Derry? Do you mean Londonderry?

Depending on your viewpoint, yes :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:57 pm 

BiscuitBlueCheese wrote:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7929690.stm

Obama to reverse ban on stem cell research in America:

Good

Danny's Studs wrote:
Fucking spot on.

Religion: 'but it's not God's will?'
Right to lifers: 'God who? How can we possible deny the research?'

yay! it is gods will. we're capable of doing it, god made us (in keeping in line with arguing on their terms) with free will and intelligence, our god given intelligence has found that this is a potential solution to lots of health problems, ergo it is gods will.

this guy - Speaking to the BBC in January, Dr Robert Evans, a pastor and bioethicist, said he would oppose any move to allow federal funding for new stem cell lines. "What it signals is that the human embryo has been denied moral standing and a corresponding right to life," he said. "As an evangelical who believes all life is created equal in the image of God, and that we have moral standing from the moment of conception, I would view that as a very chilling decision - can get fucked.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:59 pm 
Are the right to lifers the ones that fire bomb abortion clinics killing people. Irony should kill. They'd all be long dead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:00 pm 

yeah i did wonder if he fgelt hypocritical for his statement this morning, but then the IRA has achieved it's aim, i think, of being included in the political process. the "Real" IRA is a couple of dozen headcases.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:01 pm 

gibbonicus_andronicus wrote:
yay! it is gods will. we're capable of doing it, god made us (in keeping in line with arguing on their terms) with free will and intelligence, our god given intelligence has found that this is a potential solution to lots of health problems, ergo it is gods will.

this guy - Speaking to the BBC in January, Dr Robert Evans, a pastor and bioethicist, said he would oppose any move to allow federal funding for new stem cell lines. "What it signals is that the human embryo has been denied moral standing and a corresponding right to life," he said. "As an evangelical who believes all life is created equal in the image of God, and that we have moral standing from the moment of conception, I would view that as a very chilling decision - can get fucked.

yep

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:02 pm 

Emigre wrote:
Are the right to lifers the ones that fire bomb abortion clinics killing people. Irony should kill. They'd all be long dead.

yeah, and car bombs. seen liveleak vids of one going off, then a delayed one going to get anyone that came to help. like they do in baghdad. right to lifers should be used as organ doners, and have all their eggs and sperm harvested to produce stem cells.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:02 pm 

yeah i did wonder if he fgelt hypocritical for his statement this morning, but then the IRA has achieved it's aim, i think, of being included in the political process. the "Real" IRA is a couple of dozen headcases.

Unfortunately they are nutters with machine guns, semtex and no semblance of humanity at all

I reall, really, really, hate McGuinness, and the irish fella as well

Aguero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:04 pm 

Depending on your viewpoint, yes :D

I don't really have one except i'm against the volence carried out by both sides

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:04 pm 

The PIRA's constitution says they won't rest until Ireland is united and the British no longer have a presence there. The RIRA may be headcases, but at least they're consistant.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10697 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 535  Next