Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:37 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10697 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 535  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:56 pm 

slart wrote:
From The Mirror

Anyone want to offer Fearne a helping hand (or mickey)?

isn't paddy donating sperm these days?
*shudders at thought of mini-paddy*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:59 pm 

gibbonicus_andronicus wrote:
isn't paddy donating sperm these days?*shudders at thought of mini-paddy*

Only if you count "seagulling" school girls on the tube during morning rush hour.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:04 pm 

EalingBlue wrote:

that's a lot of immigrants for you to get through.
but then i'm not sure what the issue is - asylum seekers, eastern europeans, aussies, south africans and irish? i mean what is a good immigrant and a bad immigrant in the mails view, what about replacing the lost numbers of brits who emigrate, of keeping numbers in areas of work where brits flat out prefer benefits (and i've seen the telly interviews with people who said "fuck that for a job, i'd rather be on the dole" so it's not a guardian spin on it) that kind of stuff? that and the NHS and general medicine provision would've collapsed long ago if we hadn't (to start with) had an influx of educated ugandans (err idi amin, kicking them out n that, is that the right country?) and a host of other immigrant workers who essentially man the posts abandoned by brits who fuck off to america for the private money they can earn.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:06 pm 

slart wrote:
Only if you count "seagulling" school girls on the tube during morning rush hour.

you know... i can see him doing that.
no i'm sure he mentioned he was donating sperm to some lesbians... although that could be a euphemism for something of course.
probably some hope of the confused one and her bird...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:13 pm 

isn't paddy donating sperm these days?
*shudders at thought of mini-paddy*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:15 pm 

you know... i can see him doing that.
no i'm sure he mentioned he was donating sperm to some lesbians... although that could be a euphemism for something of course.
probably some hope of the confused one and her bird...

pretty sure it was real.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:15 pm 

dunno why, made me chuckle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:19 pm 

fat ginger children are always funny

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:19 pm 

slart wrote:

looks like Paul Cook from the Pistols.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:50 pm 

Emigre wrote:
Conker. Beckham is a disgrace. He made a promise to LA then just fucked them off when he fancied it, and now expects to walk in to the England team. He should be told where to go. Loyalty obviously means nothing to the twat.

Does he?

Well done Becks, good move.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:33 pm 

Oh really do Fuck off!!

Max Clifford has said that Jade Goody's life story may eventually be adapted for the big screen.

The publicist told The Daily Telegraph that Simon Cowell had informed him of the rising interest in Goody across the Atlantic.

Clifford said: "Practically everyone is asking him how Jade is doing. All the celebrities he meets have been following her story on TV and in newspapers and magazines.

"She has achieved so much by simply being herself and telling people just how it is. That's the most refreshing thing about Jade - her honesty.

"When a story becomes this big, the more chance there is about something like [a film] happening."

Los Angeles-based PR professional Michael Sands said: "Hollywood loves a heartwarming inspirational story, especially about someone who has turned their life around such as Jade."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:37 pm 

If I ever get cancer I'm going to dedicate the remainder of my life to giving Max Clifford a horrible, gruesome death.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:21 pm 

Gallagheresque wrote:
Oh really do Fuck off!!

Max Clifford has said that Jade Goody's life story may eventually be adapted for the big screen.

The publicist told The Daily Telegraph that Simon Cowell had informed him of the rising interest in Goody across the Atlantic.

Clifford said: "Practically everyone is asking him how Jade is doing. All the celebrities he meets have been following her story on TV and in newspapers and magazines.

"She has achieved so much by simply being herself and telling people just how it is. That's the most refreshing thing about Jade - her honesty.

"When a story becomes this big, the more chance there is about something like [a film] happening."

Los Angeles-based PR professional Michael Sands said: "Hollywood loves a heartwarming inspirational story, especially about someone who has turned their life around such as Jade."

How has she turned her life around? She was a fat stupid woman who nobody knew. She went on Big Brother and became a fat stupid woman that everyone knew.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:26 pm 
slart wrote:
How has she turned her life around? She was a fat stupid woman who nobody knew. She went on Big Brother and became a fat stupid woman that everyone knew.

Conker. She hasn't turned anything around. She's was a stupid ignorant racist. Now she's a stupid ignorant racist with cancer. There is no film to be made.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:10 pm 

Emigre wrote:
Conker. She hasn't turned anything around. She's was a stupid ignorant racist. Now she's a stupid ignorant racist with cancer. There is no film to be made.

Shes dying in the public's eye..Its just very very tacky and in quite poor taste, just like pretty much everything shes done in front of the camera..

I find the whole thing pretty distasteful..

Two soldiers died in a cowardly attack in ireland..lets fuck goody right off the front pages and talk about two lads who stand up and fight for queen and country for whats thats worth..

Thats where my respects lie...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:41 pm 

Presumaby any film made would view Jade in a positive light? So it is going to be heatwarming about her getting cancer?

It's sad that anybody would go through what she's going through, i can't imagine how awful it must be, but it's getting pathetic now.

Although i don't agree, i can even make peace with the "she's doing it for her kids" arguement. That may be why she's selling her story to anybody who'll pay, but what the fuck is anybody getting out of Max Clifford saying stuff like this? Does everybody need to know her state at every minute of the day?

How many people do you reckon will go to her funeral?

The world is a sad place when something like this attracts so much publicity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:50 pm 

Squidge wrote:
Presumaby any film made would view Jade in a positive light? So it is going to be heatwarming about her getting cancer?

It's sad that anybody would go through what she's going through, i can't imagine how awful it must be, but it's getting pathetic now.

Although i don't agree, i can even make peace with the "she's doing it for her kids" arguement. That may be why she's selling her story to anybody who'll pay, but what the fuck is anybody getting out of Max Clifford saying stuff like this? Does everybody need to know her state at every minute of the day?

How many people do you reckon will go to her funeral?

The world is a sad place when something like this attracts so much publicity.

yup. or just dumb. can't decide.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:22 pm 

If anyone's interested our UEFA Cup opponents drew 1-1 with 8th place Nordsjælland at the weekend

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:49 pm 

YouTube is blocking all premium music videos to UK users after failing to reach a new licensing agreement with the Performing Right Society (PRS).

Thousands of videos will be unavailable to YouTube users from later on Monday.

Patrick Walker, YouTube's director of video partnerships, told BBC News that the move was "regrettable".

Steve Porter, head of the PRS, said he was "outraged... shocked and disappointed" by YouTube's decision.

In a statement, Mr Porter said the move "punishes British consumers and the songwriters whose interests we protect and represent".

The PRS has asked YouTube to reconsider its decision as a "matter of urgency".

This action has been taken without any consultation with PRS for Music and in the middle of negotiations between the two parties
PRS statement

The body, which represents music publishers, added: "Google has told us they are taking this step because they wish to pay significantly less than at present to the writers of the music on which their service relies, despite the massive increase in YouTube viewing.

"This action has been taken without any consultation with PRS for Music and in the middle of negotiations between the two parties."

Mr Walker told BBC News the PRS was seeking a rise in fees "many, many factors" higher than the previous agreement.

He said: "We feel we are so far apart that we have to remove content while we continue to negotiate with the PRS."

"We are making the message public because it will be noticeable to users on the site."

Consumers must be scratching their heads in amazement at such obstacles to delivering legal content in a timely and straightforward fashion.
Darren Waters, Technology editor, BBC News website

Read more on the Dot.Life blog

Videos will begin to be blocked from 1800 GMT with the majority of them made inaccessible over the next two days.

YouTube pays a licence to the PRS which covers the streaming of music videos from three of the four major music labels and many independent labels.

Stream online

While deals with individual record labels cover the use of the visual element and sound recording in a music video, firms that want to stream online also have to have a separate deal with music publishers which covers the music and lyrics.

In the UK, the PRS acts as a collecting society on behalf of member publishers for licensing fees relating to use of music.

YouTube stressed that it continued to have "strong partnerships" with three of the four largest record labels in the world.

Mr Walker said the PRS was asking for a "prohibitive" rise in the cost of a new license.

While not specifying the rate the PRS was seeking, he said: "It has to be a rate than can drive a business model. We are in the business for the long run and we want to drive the use of online video.

"The rate they are applying would mean we would lose significant amounts of money on every stream of a music video. It is not a reasonable rate to ask."

New deal

YouTube has also complained of a lack of transparency by the PRS, saying the organisation would not specify exactly which artists would be covered by any new deal.

"That's like asking a consumer to buy a blank CD without knowing what musicians are on it," a statement from YouTube UK says on its official blog.

YouTube is the world's most popular online video site but has been under increased pressure to generate more revenue since its purchase by Google for $1.65 billion in 2006.

"We are not willing to do this [new licensing deal] at any cost," said Mr Walker.

He said the issue was an industry-wide one and not just related to YouTube.

"By setting rates that don't allow new business models to flourish, nobody wins."

Services such as Pandora.com, MySpace UK and Imeem have also had issues securing licence deals in the UK in the last 12 months.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:15 am 

I wonder if max clifford has struck a deal with OK magazine for the funeral.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10697 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 535  Next