Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:07 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10697 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 528, 529, 530, 531, 532, 533, 534, 535  Next
 Post subject: Re: The News Thread
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:58 am 

Jesus O'Nazareth wrote:

We'll go through another ice age well before then

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:14 pm 

Jesus O'Nazareth wrote:
David Bernstein said: “Blatter reminds me of that film, Alien. You could not get the alien out of that spaceship, no matter how hard you tried. And when, in the end, they did get it out, they found that it was clinging on to the outside."

:clap:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:25 pm 

Hi-de-hi!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... sacre.html

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:58 pm 

Jesus O'Nazareth wrote:

That's left me on the point of speechless.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:36 pm 

Lol. Pretty sure i know "Jason from Fallowfield". Used to knock about with his little brother. Don't think there's many Phythians round these parts.

That story is clearly bullshit. :clap:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:24 am 

Fuck you Bastard, it's in the Daily Mail ffs! :mad:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:31 pm 

I think it was on the front of The Mirror too. Completely made up.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:07 pm 

Just cos you used to knock off his little brother. I think you're just trying to present him as an unreliable witness. :snooty:

Lord Janner enjoyed his day in court today. :approve:

Last edited by Jesus O'Nazareth on Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:03 pm 

Is Janner playing up to the demntia angle I wonder, or is he actually fucked in the head?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:45 am 

He's like Corrado Soprano. Does he have a nephew he can shoot?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:40 pm 

So we have killed Jihadi John. I think it's high time France stepped up their efforts to find and kill this Charlie Hebdo character. Surely this latest attack was him again?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:56 pm 

Corbyn says we shouldn't have killed jihadi John.
We should have arrested him.
You can just see 2 plods turning up in Syria.
"You are nicked son. Bow street magistrates in the morning"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:03 pm 

Would be inclined to agree tbh, where practical, then we can "do nuremburg" again and lock the cunts up for life rather than martyr them. Not that i care much that they killed him, just seems all to quick. It's also the precedent it sets (or continues) for extra judicial killing. It's the same with how milosovic, saddam and that were dealt with, better to try them in a court of law than what happened with gaddafi.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:13 pm 

Just found out that one of the Suicide bombers had a ticket for the France game but was refused entry.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:50 pm 

gibbonicus_andronicus wrote:
Would be inclined to agree tbh, where practical, then we can "do nuremburg" again and lock the cunts up for life rather than martyr them. Not that i care much that they killed him, just seems all to quick. It's also the precedent it sets (or continues) for extra judicial killing. It's the same with how milosovic, saddam and that were dealt with, better to try them in a court of law than what happened with gaddafi.

Meh, why give him any public platform? Why risk anyone's life going into fucking Syria to try to catch him? This way his legacy is nothing more than a tabloid moniker.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:17 pm 

Bastard wrote:
gibbonicus_andronicus wrote:

Meh, why give him any public platform? Why risk anyone's life going into fucking Syria to try to catch him? This way his legacy is nothing more than a tabloid moniker.

The public platform bit i could agree on, don't know if there would be sensitive information that would prevent detailed reporting of any theoretical trial anyway. As for risk, that's what i meant by where practical, in that it was in no way practical for us to nab him. If, by some freak occurrence, he had been captured by the peshmerga going into raqqa that would've been great, but by no means am i suggesting we should've done some zero dark thirty shite to grab him.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:44 pm 

Yeah I think you can safely say a peshmerga grab squad wandering into raqqa would be a freak occurrence...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:49 am 

Can the forum please help me out? What is all this "Solidarité" I'm seeing everywhere. I took German at school and I hate it how the media always presume everyone took French. Bert, maybe you could hep me out here as you lived there for a while because I have no idea what it means :mad:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:17 am 

It translates to what it sounds like.
It is generally taken to mean sticking together presumably at the moment against the people who did the bad things in Paris. It also means that they stick together against whatever they decide is anti French.
A typical example is the opening ceremony at the Millau Viaduct about 10 years ago. It is a fantastic motorway bridge over the gorge at Millau in the south of France . If you haven't seen it I recommend it to you. It is one of the few things I have seen which has a genuine wow factor. It is at one point higher than the Eiffel Tower. At the ceremony the then president Chirac praised the French engineers and builders but entirely ignored the fact that it was designed by an Englishmsn Norman Foster.
When the Airbus A380 first took off according to the French it was built in France by Frenchmen. They totally disregarded the fact that the wings were built near Chester and most of the fuselage in Germany .
That is what they mean by Solidarite
If you had gone to a decent school you would have learned both French and German

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:37 pm 

Men’s lifestyle magazines FHM and Zoo are to suspend publication at the end of the year.

FHM announced the news this morning in a brief statement where it thanked its loyal readers.
The statement said: “Unfortunately it’s true and it has been announced today the intention to suspend publication of FHM.

“It’s been an absolute joy producing the magazine over the years.
“Thank you for all your support, we will keep you updated with developments over the coming weeks.”

A spokeswoman for publishers Bauer Media told Yahoo News UK that the final editions would be at the end of the year, adding that “no decision has yet been made” on whether the suspension will be permanent.

It is believed that counter-proposals will be made on whether to keep the magazines and websites continuing in future months.

There has so far been no word on whether the suspension affects the international editions of the magazines.
Publisher Gareth Cherriman paid tribute to the team, saying: “I greatly appreciate Damien McSorley’s leadership and the dedication and effort from both teams.

“I would like to thank our advertisers and retailers who have supported the brands and I’m sure that everyone who has worked on FHM and ZOO over the years will be sorry to hear this news.”

First published in 1985 as ‘For Him Magazine’, the title changed its name to FHM in 1994.
The magazine dominated the men’s market throughout the 1990s and compiled a yearly list of the 100 Sexiest Women in the World, which has been won by stars like Michelle Keegan, Kelly Brook and Cheryl Cole.
Some on Twitter have suggested FHM be renamed ‘Fairly Haphazard Maths’ for the date error on the announcement that the mag is to close.

It states that Sarah Michelle Gellar was the first to win the award 21 years ago - in 1999.
Supermodel Claudia Schiffer was in fact the first winner, way back in in 1995.
ZOO was launched in 2004 as a weekly magazine that had a more cheeky tone than its older counterpart.

The only ever time i bought these magazines was when i was pissed up at 5am down the Tesco 24 hour.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10697 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 528, 529, 530, 531, 532, 533, 534, 535  Next