Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:21 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45769 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2272, 2273, 2274, 2275, 2276, 2277, 2278 ... 2289  Next
 Post subject: Re: Twatter
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:51 am 

Went to work 3pm Thursday..
Just got home 6:30am Friday.

I'm knackered.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:40 pm 

kippax_in_my_blood wrote:

I'm knackered.

I may top that - usual working day so up at 6am with the biggest one (6 hours sleep after finally watching last episode of GoT), get home and had to get the little one into out of hours doc at 9.30pm, as she was running a temp for the third evening, but this time hit 39.7 underarm. get to doc and he takes an in-ear reading and gets 40.5. looks worried. immediately calls paediatrics in the hospital a good 20 miles away, chases round a few extensions making it sound more urgent than it appears, makes arrangements to admit and off i go. 40 minute drive at 10.30, admitted onto ward for obs, which includes using a tongue depresser so she throws up basically all over my legs. then awake til 4 or 5am with a not too grizzly but certainly unsettled baby, alarms going off in other rooms and all the general kerfuffle of a full unit, and then awoken every half hour after that for her to be poked at until i just give up and stay awake from 7am-ish. she is fine, tonsilitis, temp settled, appetite back to normal (chocolate digestives smeared fucking everywhere) and medicated. I meanwhile feel like i'd struggle to count to potato.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:05 pm 

gibbonicus_andronicus wrote:

I'm knackered.

I may top that - usual working day so up at 6am with the biggest one (6 hours sleep after finally watching last episode of GoT), get home and had to get the little one into out of hours doc at 9.30pm, as she was running a temp for the third evening, but this time hit 39.7 underarm. get to doc and he takes an in-ear reading and gets 40.5. looks worried. immediately calls paediatrics in the hospital a good 20 miles away, chases round a few extensions making it sound more urgent than it appears, makes arrangements to admit and off i go. 40 minute drive at 10.30, admitted onto ward for obs, which includes using a tongue depresser so she throws up basically all over my legs. then awake til 4 or 5am with a not too grizzly but certainly unsettled baby, alarms going off in other rooms and all the general kerfuffle of a full unit, and then awoken every half hour after that for her to be poked at until i just give up and stay awake from 7am-ish. she is fine, tonsilitis, temp settled, appetite back to normal (chocolate digestives smeared fucking everywhere) and medicated. I meanwhile feel like i'd struggle to count to potato.

Mate i was just grafting in the trafford centre through the night doing a restaurants flooring.
Yours is serious shit, ive got 3 from 17 down to the boy who is 15 months now ( i think)..
Theres nothing worse than having one of your bin lids poorly.
As long as shes ok, thats all that matters.

I have had 5 hours kip since 7 am thursday, but its just gone 11, so its a nice cup of coco and a valium.. :D

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:03 am 

Ah the warm blanket of benzos!
I wasn't particularly phased tbh, no rashes or symptoms to really get worried about beyond the temp which threatens febrile convulsions, and in the right place so mind was relatively at ease, just no chance of sleep in the damn hospital chair after i was pinned by her dozing. Only 11 months this un, but she's had loads since starting nursery on halloween - many colds, chickenpox, conjunctivitis, a delightful post-viral pin prick rash (seeing that had me nervous 'til we did the glass test), chest infection, d&v... but aye, she's fine, settled down a lot.
I find it's a different frame of mind than spending time doing anything else, seek distraction rather than avoid it i suppose? Anyway, gin administered, all is well

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:01 pm 

gibbonicus_andronicus wrote:
Ah the warm blanket of benzos!
I wasn't particularly phased tbh, no rashes or symptoms to really get worried about beyond the temp which threatens febrile convulsions, and in the right place so mind was relatively at ease, just no chance of sleep in the damn hospital chair after i was pinned by her dozing. Only 11 months this un, but she's had loads since starting nursery on halloween - many colds, chickenpox, conjunctivitis, a delightful post-viral pin prick rash (seeing that had me nervous 'til we did the glass test), chest infection, d&v... but aye, she's fine, settled down a lot.
I find it's a different frame of mind than spending time doing anything else, seek distraction rather than avoid it i suppose? Anyway, gin administered, all is well

Absolutely.
Its like i told one of my pals at work, when you're a dad, after awhile you will be pretty much immune to ebola by the time you are done.
sleep is overrated anyway mate, gin is the way forward.. :D

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:05 pm 

Ha pretty true actually. Work is regularly decimated by various lurgies, i've resisted all those and the shite she's brought home.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:49 pm 

I have finally got around to installing kodi on my fire stick and my word the interface and process for installing add ons is god awful. And then once you have an add on there is no way of telling what is going to be on each channel as far as I can tell. Am I missing something here? I have added exodus and zem tv but as far as trying to watch a 3pm kick off I haven't got a clue where to start. I am guessing I will be OK later as it lists Sky Sports, BT Sports etc but any info would be appreciated regarding finding other content

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:11 pm 

NoddytheAdlingtonBlue wrote:
I have finally got around to installing kodi on my fire stick and my word the interface and process for installing add ons is god awful. And then once you have an add on there is no way of telling what is going to be on each channel as far as I can tell. Am I missing something here? I have added exodus and zem tv but as far as trying to watch a 3pm kick off I haven't got a clue where to start. I am guessing I will be OK later as it lists Sky Sports, BT Sports etc but any info would be appreciated regarding finding other content

mobdro app mate..try that.
i bought a android box, im not that impressed tbh..
im gonna get a chipped virmin box.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:03 am 

Gibbo, sorry about making light of your child being sick on FB. Didn't realise what was going on mate. Hope she rebounds just fine. :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:49 am 

It had me laughing so all good, wasn't a terribly serious post and the wee bugger's fine.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:46 am 

Just watched Fair Game. Remembered Studs saying he'd watched it a while ago.]

Naomi Watts is fit.

Big ole pic of her here.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:49 am 

you didn't want to post that in the 'last film watched' thread?

she is well fit.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:49 am 

How is everyone celebrating Australia Day today?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:15 am 

Danny's Studs wrote:

I'm going to watch the 05 ashes whilst going down the ship canal in a pedalo.. :mrgreen:

Wish I was on bonding checking the chicks out really though.
Happy Aussie day mate..

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:17 am 

Danny's Studs wrote:

I'm going to watch the 05 ashes whilst going down the ship canal in a pedalo.. :mrgreen:

Wish I was on bondi checking the chicks out really though.
Happy Aussie day mate..

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:38 pm 

Fair one mate.

Truth is we had every reason to hate Flintoff, and I did, but after he won a season on 'I'm a celebrity get me out of here' and getting to know him personally, well he's a top bloke. He doesn't drink anymore and it's done him favours, this country has taken to him. I do like him.

Anyway, it was 42 degrees here today, I watered the garden then did nothing for 3 hours and then hit the pool with the dog. Watched the cricket where Aus defeated a poor 'stani side had a barbie and got leathered. And that's where I am now. :whistle:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:24 pm 

Danny's Studs wrote:
Fair one mate.

Truth is we had every reason to hate Flintoff, and I did, but after he won a season on 'I'm a celebrity get me out of here' and getting to know him personally, well he's a top bloke. He doesn't drink anymore and it's done him favours, this country has taken to him. I do like him.

Anyway, it was 42 degrees here today, I watered the garden then did nothing for 3 hours and then hit the pool with the dog. Watched the cricket where Aus defeated a poor 'stani side had a barbie and got leathered. And that's where I am now. :whistle:

Id be lying if i said i wasn't envious..
top one mate..

i met freddie in the trafford centre a few years ago, im 6'2 and he was way taller, pretty big dude, and hes a city fan i believe..

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:57 pm 

Didn't realise you were that tall kimbo. You must have a right old stoop, you crooked cunt.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:32 pm 

Bastard wrote:
Didn't realise you were that tall kimbo. You must have a right old stoop, you crooked cunt.

crooked cunt..that could have multiple connotations.
But your right on all accounts, probs 6,1 now, im shrinking due to also be a grey haggard fucker too.. :approve:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:47 pm 

Sunderland fan Bradley Lowrey was ecstatic yesterday when his hero Jemaine Defoe paid him a visit.

Meant to post this yesterday but forgot.

Warms my heart that photo does.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45769 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2272, 2273, 2274, 2275, 2276, 2277, 2278 ... 2289  Next