Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:08 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: COVID-19
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:16 am 

What a strange time we live in. Unprecedented for all of us. There is a lot of media hype which is drives me mental but I think the idea of isolating and social distancing is the correct one, and I would rather we were over-cautious and we can look back at laugh at this. The opposite doesn't bear thinking about.

So I am working from home, like many I guess, it is not terrible, I have a job and my employer is being very fair. I hope they do for the long haul. So far activity has not dropped by much, fingers crossed. It is the tradies, those with small businesses, contractors et al that are already struggling. I am in sales and there is no selling going on, I am just contacting current customers and chatting about what a strange time we live in.

And for entirely selfish purposes, it will be so very dull if all sport is pulled. We've lost the next 6 x Formula 1, tennis, golf, most football... let's hope all this passes quickly and we can get back to normal.

Post subject: Re: COVID-19
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:03 am 

I'm lucky that 95% of the work i do is computer based so therefore working from home is not a problem.

China are slowly getting back to normal (as normal can be) opening shops etc but i slightly worry about a second wave of the virus and how strong it will be. I think we should all be tested for the virus, i wouldn't know how to implement that but from what i gather you can have this virus and have no symptoms at all, so you wouldn't necessarily know if you were passing this thing on to the more vulnerable people. I think we'll go full lockdown as of next week.

Mad fucking times

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:43 pm 

I'm self employed and really worried about the future and I have a bad cough as it happens but it's not corona virus just a regular season cold.
But my customers will not me rocking up coughing all over the place.
It is what it is and we will carry on as long as we can until we're told not.
We are keeping safe following the guidelines and doing the best we can.

But as long as everybody is safe that's all that matters.
Friends and families.
I feel bad for folks even worse of and the likes of the homeless or poor folks who may cop for this virus..
Ive got to stop watching things like 60 minutes australia and whatever making me paranoid.. Lol

Stay safe everyone we will get through this and the football the cricket and the f1 will be back and we can start to take the piss out of Scousers once more..

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:12 am 

Went to the bank to get some money the other day and it was shut, they have a hole in the wall and i stopped and thought how many people a day would be using that machine? germs after germs after germs so i just left it.

Mothers day tomorrow and that isn't going to be easy for many at all.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:29 am 

Moving to DEFCON 4 here in Aus, sure it's the same for you all. Probably the only time I've ever been thankful I live in the most remote city in the world.

All sports are off, all pubs and club closed as of today. Speaking with customers and it is bleak.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:33 am 

Danny's Studs wrote:
Moving to DEFCON 4 here in Aus, sure it's the same for you all. Probably the only time I've ever been thankful I live in the most remote city in the world.

All sports are off, all pubs and club closed as of today. Speaking with customers and it is bleak.

Were on lock down now mate.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:58 am 

A lot of common sense is needed. No need to go out unless absolutely necessary. I can still do a weekly shop and go for a stroll daily, just not in groups, although as a family i think that's allowed.

I hope all this taken on board by the public, i believe were one step away from a curfew getting introduced.

Had a free day yesterday and restrung the guitar i never got round to then put it down and didn't play it, now back working again.

Take care everyone.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:58 am 

How's everything going all.
Is our bertram OK.?

It's so bizarre this. Still can't quite grasp the whole reality that we are living in.
It's like a bloody film..

Stay safe folks.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:12 pm 

I am alive and well thank you people and I hope you all are as well.
This lock down is not so difficult in our house because the lady wife and her MS has meant that we have been in a kind of lock down for the past 4 years.
I have paused my sky sports because if all they have to show is Barnsley v Swindon from 1983, it is not value for money. I don’t really need to watch people talking about what might or might not happen. I don’t know when or if the season might begin again. If it is abandoned I will both laugh and feel sorry for Liverpool.
Never mind , there have been worse things. Not really being there at Bootham Crescent or the Moss Rose for instance.
Now wash your hands

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:18 am 

Bert Trautmanns neck brace wrote:
I am alive and well thank you people and I hope you all are as well.
This lock down is not so difficult in our house because the lady wife and her MS has meant that we have been in a kind of lock down for the past 4 years.
I have paused my sky sports because if all they have to show is Barnsley v Swindon from 1983, it is not value for money. I don’t really need to watch people talking about what might or might not happen. I don’t know when or if the season might begin again. If it is abandoned I will both laugh and feel sorry for Liverpool.
Never mind , there have been worse things. Not really being there at Bootham Crescent or the Moss Rose for instance.
Now wash your hands

you and your good lady stay safe mate, and we'll get through this. :TopHat1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:11 am 

Glad to hear your both okay Bert.

Trying to find the positives in this whole situation, came up with a couple;

- spending time with the dogs.
- no sitting in peak hour traffic.
- petrol is the cheapest I have ever seen it (event though I can't drive anywhere).
- the world seems to be having an enema, looking at Venice waters and pollution heat maps is amazing.
- I am cooking a lot more, girlfy is still in the office for now so I get to do it, mostly enjoying it.
- about to lock in a lower mortgage rate.
- at least we still have horse racing down here.

Anyone care to add any others?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:42 pm 

Had to go to the bank earlier. about 6 of us queued outside, quite a distance away from each other, quite surreal, letting one customer in at a time. Whilst waiting a woman was walking past then kind of broke out into a bit of a run to get away faster. It's fucking bonkers.

On a sad note Eddie Large has passed away, think he contracted the virus whilst in hospital. RIP Lifelong blue.

Hope everyone is staying as safe and well as they can be.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:25 am 

- No ironing.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:19 am 

Kyle banging hookers that were clearly happy to cash in with the S*n is a bit different.

Glad you're good bert. Repel all boarders.

Wfh with small people and trying to school them is alcoholism inducing. Teachers and nursery staff have patience of all the saints if they're dealing with numbers of the little bastards. It's nice though. Honest.

Boris has it, which is kind of nice after his negligently delayed response and "take it on the chin" comments. Hope he doesn't die though, mostly because that'd put Raab in charge.

Shopping the other day had me twitchy as fuck. People were out for a trip, couples with kids in tow, groups of people together... and no concept of fucking distancing.

Adult social care is looking scary. Trying to clear people out of hospital to make space, but care agencies have numbers down, homes aren't taking or are reluctant to take placements.The lack of PPE for social care, home care and care home staff is criminal.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:36 am 

People are all fucked up over this thing. Observing people in shopping centres etc, they won't look you in the eye and get out of the way like you are going to shoot them. And still so many people are not observing the social distance advice. We have started banging out $1000 fines for breachers, good.

People suck.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:41 pm 

People are fucking awful.

Decent chance of going the way some countries have with no fucker being allowed out.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:16 am 

Boris in ICU, not good.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:04 am 

No jehova's witnesses door botherers.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:06 am 

This may spell the end of Trump as POTUS, the way he has handled this is deplorable and definitely the worst thing he has done.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:36 am 

Just round the corner from my house is the A57, the old main road between Manchester and Liverpool. The section of road near us is straight, probably about three quarters of a mile.

Yesterday there was motor cycle racing on the straight. Not authorised or officially organised just a gang of nutters playing.
They had drag races and even relay racing at stupid speeds .
This is a public road and every so often a car would come along so hey would chase it .
There were people out walking, kids in push chairs and about 20 nutters.
Distinct shortage of police though.