Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:55 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1750 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 88  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:41 pm 

For the record, I fucking hate Michael Jackson, but I can understand the worldwide appeal of his music, but for me, nar. Fuck that. I think it's shit.

Have you got nothing better to do?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:33 pm 

the ghost of gibbi wrote:
For the record, I fucking hate Michael Jackson, but I can understand the worldwide appeal of his music, but for me, nar. Fuck that. I think it's shit.

Me too. One of my brothers things MJ is amazing.
Off the Wall? Off his rocker.
Thriller? Who did he thrill? some kiddies (allegedly?)
Bad? He's far worse than bad.
Dangerous? To who? persons of an age with just one digit?

What a twat. He needs locking up. (the sicko would probably enjoy that too).

Anyway, back to what really matters; what this thread was all about:

The Pope.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:38 pm 

Frank Blue wrote:
Off the Wall? Off his rocker.
Thriller? Who did he thrill? some kiddies (allegedly?)
Bad? He's far worse than bad.
Dangerous? To who? persons of an age with just one digit?

Do the rest! Do the rest!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:53 pm 

Dont know if this has been said, this thread's a bit too long, but who I think is most likely to go, not who I would like to, is Columbo (peter falk). He's got oldtimers. Very sad indeed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:57 pm 

save me jeebus wrote:
Dont know if this has been said, this thread's a bit too long, but who I think is most likely to go, not who I would like to, is Columbo (peter falk). He's got oldtimers. Very sad indeed.

If we're talking most likely, Patrick Swayze is fighting pancreatic cancer which has a survival rate of around 5%, so unfortunately he's likely to go sooner rather than later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:01 pm 

BiscuitBlueCheese wrote:
If we're talking most likely, Patrick Swayze is fighting pancreatic cancer which has a survival rate of around 5%, so unfortunately he's likely to go sooner rather than later.

Funny you should say that, as I was just thinking Patrick Swayze isn't in the best position.
However, perhaps the Dope in Rome will have the decency to beat him to it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:08 pm 

BiscuitBlueCheese wrote:

One of the worst you can get. I know a few that have died from that. In fact I dont know anyone who has survived it.

This is columbo looking dazed and confused in LA.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:26 pm 

BiscuitBlueCheese wrote:
Listening to loads of obscure music that no-one else has heard of doesn't make you open minded, nor does it make you any more qualified to judge music than anyone else.

You'd do well to re-read that sentence a few times until it sticks.

er, yes it does. The vast amount of stuff there that i listen to, makes me incredibly open minded, simply for the vast array of stuff and styles/genres on offer. People who dismiss what i listen to because it's obsure, even when they haven't heard it, they, are narrowminded.

the basic facts remain:

a) I have heard Michael Jackson, and listened to him, and do not like it. in my opinion, my opinion, i think it's rubbish.

b) If you haven't heard half of the obscure stuff i listen to, you cannot form an opinion on my music.

Q) So who is more open minded? me, who has listened to both MJ and my own vast array of stuff, or yourself that has only heard MJ, but not mine.

To recap, one person has listened to all the stuff being discussed, and the other person has only listened to the one.

Take your time upon answering.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:32 pm 

Half Bassman Half Biscuit wrote:

I haven't listened to all your stuff, but I do think, apart from the fact he is probably a deviant of the worst sort (IMO), Whacko's music is pure and utter shite.
I just can't hear anything music-worthy in it at all, but I do recognise that others do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:42 pm 

er, yes it does. The vast amount of stuff there that i listen to, makes me incredibly open minded, simply for the vast array of stuff and styles/genres on offer. People who dismiss what i listen to because it's obsure, even when they haven't heard it, they, are narrowminded.

the basic facts remain:

a) I have heard Michael Jackson, and listened to him, and do not like it. in my opinion, my opinion, i think it's rubbish.

b) If you haven't heard half of the obscure stuff i listen to, you cannot form an opinion on my music.

Q) So who is more open minded? me, who has listened to both MJ and my own vast array of stuff, or yourself that has only heard MJ, but not mine.

To recap, one person has listened to all the stuff being discussed, and the other person has only listened to the one.

The only answer is for you to make him a mixtape... Maybe you can meet up on Saturday and hand it over ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:43 pm 

the basic facts remain:

Wow, I don't even know where to begin with this.

Okay.

You're the one that brought up your 'obscure' music tastes. I didn't ask you to start talking about it, you just waltzed in and brought out the 'I listen to stuff you've never heard of' line, like that proves anything. I probably listen to a load of shit that you've never heard of but I don't feel any need to drag that fact out because it proves precisely fuck all.

Really, you need to re-read what you've said and realise how pompous it sounds. You've put words into my mouth, I've never discounted what you listen to or tried to form an opinion on it.

I've met plenty of people who think that just because they listen to a load of bands that aren't signed on to labels they're some sort of musical pariah when really they're just wankers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:12 pm 

Norman Wisdom.

Die you twat!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:42 am 

BiscuitBlueCheese wrote:

Okay.

You're the one that brought up your 'obscure' music tastes. I didn't ask you to start talking about it, you just waltzed in and brought out the 'I listen to stuff you've never heard of' line, like that proves anything. I probably listen to a load of shit that you've never heard of but I don't feel any need to drag that fact out because it proves precisely fuck all.

Really, you need to re-read what you've said and realise how pompous it sounds. You've put words into my mouth, I've never discounted what you listen to or tried to form an opinion on it.

I've met plenty of people who think that just because they listen to a load of bands that aren't signed on to labels they're some sort of musical pariah when really they're just wankers.

I think i've stated all that i need to in the above, and as far as i'm concerned this matter is closed.

And Michael jackson is still shite.;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:42 am 

ESM wrote:
Norman Wisdom.

Die you twat!

fook off, noob.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:51 am 

Is John Noakes dead yet? I heard a tale that he whipped Shep with a chain leash. I hope that Shep is waiting for revenge in heaven and sinks his teeth into John Noakes' testicles when he arrives.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:10 am 

BiscuitBlueCheese wrote:

Okay.

I'm an arrogant, pompous wanker. I like that.:D But at least i don't listen to Michael Jackson.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:15 am 

I'm an arrogant, pompous wanker. I like that.:D But at least i don't listen to Michael Jackson.

nor should anyone else IMO. the bloke's a fruit loop. he spends more than he earns. he's broke. a kiddie fiddler. he is a nutter - just look at his face.
King of Pop? he gave that one to himself and everyone played along. what utter nonsense.

anyway, can we return to the original thread topic, or has the thread been hijacked with no way back?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:36 am 

Frank Blue wrote:
nor should anyone else IMO. the bloke's a fruit loop. he spends more than he earns. he's broke. a kiddie fiddler. he is a nutter - just look at his face.
King of Pop? he gave that one to himself and everyone played along. what utter nonsense.

anyway, can we return to the original thread topic, or has the thread been hijacked with no way back?

:DKing of pop, my ringpiece. King of kiddie fiddling more like.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:35 pm 

Frank Blue wrote:

If we chose who to listen to based on the stability of their private lives, we'd be missing out on a shitload of good music.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:33 pm 

Britney Spears

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1750 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 88  Next