Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:29 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1247 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 63  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:04 pm 

All of this cheese talk on the forum lately has had me hankering for a general foody thread. I'm constantly wanting to talk about recipe ideas or other food related stuff, so I figured I would make a thread for it.

What's for dinner tonight? I'm going with something simple, quorn sausages, mash and gravy. I could make the mash myself but I checked on my potatoes and they were trying to grow into monsters, so tesco mash it is. I'll stir a little bit of pesto into the mash though, that makes it absolutely delicious.

I just recently learned how my own cheese sauce so I've turned that into a lovely cheese pasta bake. My question to you lot is, do you reckon I could layer some fresh babyleaf spinach in with the pasta and chop up some cherry tomatoes and throw them in too? I reckon it'd be pretty lovely. I could even chop up some mozzarella for the top of the bake to make it all melty and delicious.

Another question: I got a wok and a steamer for christmas from my girlfriend; she picked up on my newfound interest in cooking. Any of you have any good chinese or thai recipes? I absolutely love Thai green curry but I've never tried making it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:05 pm 

I like supernoodles.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:06 pm 

Squidge wrote:
I like supernoodles.

Haha, couldn't have wanted a better first post than that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:07 pm 

I am about to have some oatcakes with dolcellati and glenmorangie to wash it down.

Post subject:

BiscuitBlueCheese wrote:
All of this cheese talk on the forum lately has had me hankering for a general foody thread. I'm constantly wanting to talk about recipe ideas or other food related stuff, so I figured I would make a thread for it.

What's for dinner tonight? I'm going with something simple, quorn sausages, mash and gravy. I could make the mash myself but I checked on my potatoes and they were trying to grow into monsters, so tesco mash it is. I'll stir a little bit of pesto into the mash though, that makes it absolutely delicious.

I just recently learned how my own cheese sauce so I've turned that into a lovely cheese pasta bake. My question to you lot is, do you reckon I could layer some fresh babyleaf spinach in with the pasta and chop up some cherry tomatoes and throw them in too? I reckon it'd be pretty lovely. I could even chop up some mozzarella for the top of the bake to make it all melty and delicious.

Another question: I got a wok and a steamer for christmas from my girlfriend; she picked up on my newfound interest in cooking. Any of you have any good chinese or thai recipes? I absolutely love Thai green curry but I've never tried making it.

I thought this thread was gonna be about food?

Post subject:

Music is the food for your soul, Chamone!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:08 pm 

South East Citizen wrote:
I thought this thread was gonna be about food?

Vegetarian, sorry. If you can suggest some better veggie sausages for me then please do!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:09 pm 

BiscuitBlueCheese wrote:
Vegetarian, sorry. If you can suggest some better veggie sausages for me then please do!

I call oxymoron.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:10 pm 

my friend is veggie, but well... false veggie, she eats fish. her justification is that they are sea vegetables, not animals, and therefore ok.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:11 pm 

BiscuitBlueCheese wrote:

spinach and tomato should be superb i reckon.

I've had a very simple dinner as well, fish fingers, rice and brussels sprout. delicious though. I might have a fancy instant asia thing later on. Not sure yet.

What are you about to put in the thai green curry? Got lemon grass or lemon grass paste? And dont forget the small maize stuff!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:11 pm 

gibbonicus_andronicus wrote:
my friend is veggie, but well... false veggie, she eats fish. her justification is that they are sea vegetables, not animals, and therefore ok.

Ask her if she'll eat the dolphin variety of sea vegtable?!?!?!!?!:confused:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:15 pm 

GermanCityFan wrote:
spinach and tomato should be superb i reckon.

I've had a very simple dinner as well, fish fingers, rice and brussels sprout. delicious though. I might have a fancy instant asia thing later on. Not sure yet.

What are you about to put in the thai green curry? Got lemon grass or lemon grass paste? And dont forget the small maize stuff!

That's the point, I don't really know where to start with the curry. I suppose I'll go with some easy pre-made sauces and stuff at first, just to get the hang of my wok, and then I'll start making my own sauces.

Just to clarify my vegetarianism, I'm not principled at all, I was just raised in a vegetarian household so I never started eating meat and now I don't really have a taste for it. I've tried it all but none of it has really grabbed me by the bollocks and said 'EAT MORE OF ME'.

How do you go about making your own sausages? How would I be able to make my own vegetarian ones?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:18 pm 

BiscuitBlueCheese wrote:
That's the point, I don't really know where to start with the curry. I suppose I'll go with some easy pre-made sauces and stuff at first, just to get the hang of my wok, and then I'll start making my own sauces.

Just to clarify my vegetarianism, I'm not principled at all, I was just raised in a vegetarian household so I never started eating meat and now I don't really have a taste for it. I've tried it all but none of it has really grabbed me by the bollocks and said 'EAT MORE OF ME'.

How do you go about making your own sausages? How would I be able to make my own vegetarian ones?

Hur hur

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:24 pm 

Benny wrote:
Hur hur

You can get the hang of my wok whenever you want, Bennyboy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:26 pm 

BiscuitBlueCheese wrote:

Boil some milk with One teaspoon of english mustard, peel an onion and staple a few cloves to the onion with bay leaves. 30 mins later add freshly milled black, salt if needed (maldon sea salt) and lots of grated mture cheddar. Add a nob of lurpak butter and thicken with corn flour if needed (mix corn flour with a little milk) Now boil some broccoli (semi hard) also boil some roast potatoes and chuff them up, add olive oil, salt, pepper, rosemary and thyme. 220oc should be cool for 45 mins. serve. Fry some bacon until crispy and chop up and add to cheese sauce. Im sure you would get your end away with that one. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:27 pm 

Just had kedgeree for me tea. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:28 pm 

Ive just had king prawn in batter with salt and chillpepper..
Oh yes...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:31 pm 

Home made spag bol tonight. My brother was over so knocked his socks off with my classic spag bol. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:36 pm 

Chicken Balti Pie wrote:
Home made spag bol tonight. My brother was over so knocked his socks off with my classic spag bol. ;)

Special ingredients?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:39 pm 

Benny wrote:
Special ingredients?

Onion, garlic, Tomatoe paste (napolina) Tinned Tomatoes (napolina) Fresh Basil, Oregano, Black pepper, maldon sea salt, Sugar, carrots, celery, olive oil, butter, steak mince, pork mince.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1247 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 63  Next