Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:12 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1944 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82 ... 98  Next
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:04 pm 

This kid:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:06 am 

Jeeeeez.
shes very impressive.
You can see her set up every time.
But her quick transition from triangle to armbar is unstoppable..
go girl..

ive been watching a few joe rogan pod casts.
There is a great one with him and Eddie bravo and rickson gracie.
pretty elete company..

last week it was eddie and joe and brendan schab Whos supposed to be nailing rhonda.
they were watching the hunt/big country fight night last week. And rogan was getting baked.
brendan was saying rogan has the hardest kick hes ever felt...
its a good watch...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:01 pm 

Just watched UFC 180 - WOW! Amazing knee from Werdum, didn't give him a chance going into that second round, yet alone with a knockout. Fucking brilliant stuff. Wonder if Hunt will wish he'd followed up those couple of times he put Werdum on the canvas rather than letting him stand up. Classy guy though, very gracious in defeat. Both likeable guys actually.

Also enjoyed Lamas submitting that dude that seemed a right up his own arse.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:36 am 

Hendricks v Lawler - WTF??

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:04 pm 

Its was a hard fight to score. But I had to give it to the man who came to fight.
rather then the man who held on to legs looking at the floor stalling.
1 4 &5 to lawler...

pettis was superb..

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:29 pm 

Pettis is a different class. Thought Mendelez had him, but class shone through..

The first two rounds of Hendricks-Lawler were tricky to score, but I had 3 and 4 to Hendricks, and 5 to Lawler. Can't exactly argue with the decision, especially as it was split..

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:18 am 

kippax_in_my_blood wrote:
Its was a hard fight to score. But I had to give it to the man who came to fight.
1 4 &5 to lawler...

pettis was superb..

I have to disagree with you there Kippax.

Lawler fought for the first minute of the first round and the last 30 seconds of the last - he had a ten second flurry at the end of the 4th.
Rest of the time he was getting kicked and punched and trying to avoid being taken down, which he failed to do 5 times.

I had Hendricks winning 4 rounds.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:48 pm 

Khabom wrote:
1 4 &5 to lawler...

pettis was superb..

I have to disagree with you there Kippax.

Lawler fought for the first minute of the first round and the last 30 seconds of the last - he had a ten second flurry at the end of the 4th.
Rest of the time he was getting kicked and punched and trying to avoid being taken down, which he failed to do 5 times.

I had Hendricks winning 4 rounds.

Thank god the judges didn't see it your way.. ;) .

Underlying all this..and i do want to state im a robbie lawler fan, and im just glad he has got to hold the UFC gold..
he has done a lot for mma, and is still doing, a lot of great fighters came from MFS , and pat miletich and matt hughes were there to see it..

But lets not forget this awaits...Well its not guaranteed, as a part 3 could be on but still..

a serial killer awaits...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:30 pm 

Weird decision. I'd have given it 3:2 to Hendricks, but the second and fifth rounds could have gone either way I suppose.

Showtime ftw. Sweet, sweet finish.

Roll on 182 now. Can't wait. Some awesome fights coming up. Myles Jury vs Donald Cerrone. :clap:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:02 pm 

Bastard wrote:
Weird decision. I'd have given it 3:2 to Hendricks, but the second and fifth rounds could have gone either way I suppose.

Roll on 182 now. Can't wait. Some awesome fights coming up. Myles Jury vs Donald Cerrone. :clap:

Mate you have to watch ufc on fox from last night..
The main card was first 2 women who had a wicked scrap..
then it was matt mitrione vs man bear pig (Gabriel gonzaga)..
Then ubereem vs stefan struve.
rafa dos anjos vs nate diaz (absolutely brilliant)
and then the main event was stipe miocic vs JDS and honestly its a heavyweight instant classic...

didn't see the prelims but it was a decent card too..but the main card . all great fights.

and next week, is pretty full on too..
http://uk.ufc.com/event/ufc-fight-night-barueri#/fight

lyoto vs the doberman
barao vs (kills) gagnon
its a good card..

and mate..i know you got hooked on the now 350+ page long incredulous daniel cormier thread..
Well the 2 main dudes have made a t shirt and DC has it with a pic of him in the thread with thus said shirt..its like gone viral and all that..
And the back and forth between DC and jon jones, is reaching mega hyped status..
they fight the 3rd...and its going to be massive.. Dc has proper exposed jones...

thats where the gif started..

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:53 pm 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8E6jhzyqss&list=RD7jg1dOkK-Ts&index=3

I'm surprised McGregor hasn't had a mention in this thread..... or has he.

Fuckin love him me, can't wait for his next fight.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:02 pm 

Bastard wrote:

Mate you have to watch ufc on fox from last night..
The main card was first 2 women who had a wicked scrap..
then it was matt mitrione vs man bear pig (Gabriel gonzaga)..
Then ubereem vs stefan struve.
rafa dos anjos vs nate diaz (absolutely brilliant)
and then the main event was stipe miocic vs JDS and honestly its a heavyweight instant classic...

didn't see the prelims but it was a decent card too..but the main card . all great fights.

and next week, is pretty full on too..
http://uk.ufc.com/event/ufc-fight-night-barueri#/fight

lyoto vs the doberman
barao vs (kills) gagnon
its a good card..

and mate..i know you got hooked on the now 350+ page long incredulous daniel cormier thread..
Well the 2 main dudes have made a t shirt and DC has it with a pic of him in the thread with thus said shirt..its like gone viral and all that..
And the back and forth between DC and jon jones, is reaching mega hyped status..
they fight the 3rd...and its going to be massive.. Dc has proper exposed jones...

thats where the gif started..

Almost found it difficult to watch the beating Diaz's leg was getting. Brutal, couldn't stop wincing.

Thought Hendricks won hands down but can't really feel sorry for him the way he was grabbing onto Lawler's legs in the last round.

DC v Jones should be epic. The build up has almost been too awesome - could the whole thing be staged? "We're still running..." hmm. Either way it's going to be wonderful.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:09 pm 

Ufc brazil last night..
not a bad card..
lyoto machida vs cb dollaway...one kick landed to the body and it was game over..
it was a absolute laser beam of destruction....what a beautiful fighter he is..

renen barao..a bit unimpressive vs mitch gagnon..got the W, but he was getting hit a lot by gagnon, who is a sub guy not a stand up guy..
told dillashaw he wants his belt back and hes going to shut his mouth..

i see nothing that tells me that is going to happen..

And tj vs barao, im putting up for potential fight of the year..

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:12 pm 

Ufc brazil last night..
not a bad card..
lyoto machida vs cb dollaway...one kick landed to the body and it was game over..
it was a absolute laser beam of destruction....what a beautiful fighter he is..

renen barao..a bit unimpressive vs mitch gagnon..got the W, but he was getting hit a lot by gagnon, who is a sub guy not a stand up guy..
told dillashaw he wants his belt back and hes going to shut his mouth..

i see nothing that tells me that is going to happen..

And tj vs barao, im putting up for potential fight of the year..

Saw Dominick Cruz for the first time last night against some Japanese dude in UFC 178. He looked fucking incredible, what a fight that would've been against TJ Dillashaw, such a shame he fucked his knee again.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:12 pm 

Spoiler:

Just watched UFC182, not a single stoppage on the whole card! Cerrone made Myles Jury look a bit ordinary, when he's looked anything but in the fights I've seen him so far. One great head kick and quite amusing the way he was booting him around on the ground at the end. Jones v DC was intriguing but on the whole a bit meh.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:35 pm 

South East Citizen wrote:
Spoiler:

Just watched UFC182, not a single stoppage on the whole card! Cerrone made Myles Jury look a bit ordinary, when he's looked anything but in the fights I've seen him so far. One great head kick and quite amusing the way he was booting him around on the ground at the end. Jones v DC was intriguing but on the whole a bit meh.

bang on mate, absolutely spot on..
cowboy's fight was the highlight of a over hyped dc jones card..and i was guilty of that too..
cowboy made easy work of jury tbf, but those angry penalty kicks in the last 15 seconds were brutal and proper lol..i loved em.

dc/jones..it was good competitive fight, and dc was never out of it..but the reach was the difference..
he hit dc with good body shots and they took its toll in the later rounds..

i had it 3 round to 2 in jones favor, and the first was close...

some have scored all five to jones..no way..on decisive one, was 4..and dc said post fight scrum that he let himself down that round and took it off..

we have to look to rumble vs gus now ..winner of that get jones next..
rumble has looked deadly since his return to the ufc at 205..
and gus, in a lot of peoples thoughts, think he beat jbj on points in their fight..

anderson silva vs nick diaz next..that needs no hype..don't be scared homie... :D

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:00 pm 

Yeah totes agree, DC made a good fist of it but overcoming a 12 inch reach advantage was always going to be an uphill struggle. Thought he won the 2nd round, but you could make an argument for Jones winning the others I think.

I might not be able to watch Silva v Diaz in case Silva's leg snaps in half again.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:06 pm 

Yeah totes agree, DC made a good fist of it but overcoming a 12 inch reach advantage was always going to be an uphill struggle. Thought he won the 2nd round, but you could make an argument for Jones winning the others I think.

I might not be able to watch Silva v Diaz in case Silva's leg snaps in half again.

lol
:eek:

watch that gomi diaz link mate..its a top fight..with a quality finish (gogoplata)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:17 pm 

lol

watch that gomi diaz link mate..its a top fight..with a quality finish (gogoplata)

Just did - fucking sweet! Don't think I've seen a finish like that before. Gomi forgot to bring his cardio to that fight, out on his arse after 2 minutes. Diaz seemed to cut quite easily, the one with his brother the other day was the same, pissing blood from the first round I seem to remember. Something to do with the skin type or scar tissue maybe. Tough as nails though, it'll be a cracking fight.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:23 pm 

lol

Just did - fucking sweet! Don't think I've seen a finish like that before. Gomi forgot to bring his cardio to that fight, out on his arse after 2 minutes. Diaz seemed to cut quite easily, the one with his brother the other day was the same, pissing blood from the first round I seem to remember. Something to do with the skin type or scar tissue maybe. Tough as nails though, it'll be a cracking fight.

He has since had bone shaved from his eye brows..and some plastic surgery to fix the scar tissue he had..it has worked for him tbf..
and yeah gomi was killing everyone until this..hes a top lad.
but that gogoplata (shin choke) is a epic finish..it is one thing to actually get it, but the flexibility to execute it is something too..
ill root around when i got time sec mate and find some top old fights for ya..

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1944 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82 ... 98  Next