Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:30 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1350 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 ... 68  Next
 Post subject: Re: The TV Thread
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:12 pm 

Bert Trautmanns neck brace wrote:
Cuckoo. BBC3

Thoughts?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:13 pm 

Clever but daft. I like Greg Davies . His teaching stories are so true. The cuckoo series suit him because he is clever at playing seemingly normal people who get into impossible situations.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:08 am 

Bert that sounded like a GCSE student's review of Fawlty Towers.

Are you regressing?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:29 am 

I never took GCSE

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:53 am 

Bert Trautmanns neck brace wrote:
Clever but daft. I like Greg Davies . His teaching stories are so true. The cuckoo series suit him because he is clever at playing seemingly normal people who get into impossible situations.

I enjoyed the first series but didn't make it to the end of the first episode of the second.

Very disappointing.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:56 am 

Likewise KC.

S2 is a disaster and the new daughter is minging too. :mad:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:20 pm 

Marvellous. It was.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:17 pm 

Our Tommy wrote:
Marvellous. It was.

Good posting OT. Economical. I like it a lot.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:47 pm 

Been rewatching early episodes of the X Files on H2. Now there's a series that holds up. Forgot how much I used to love it. Mulder is super cool and the chemistry between him and Scully is great.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:54 pm 

South East Citizen wrote:
Been rewatching early episodes of the X Files on H2. Now there's a series that holds up. Forgot how much I used to love it. Mulder is super cool and the chemistry between him and Scully is great.

My fave series of all time..
i obsessed over it in the 90's, to the point, my pal mick and i, made our other mucker colin drive to the 'Little ale'in' in navada on the extraterrestrial highway near groom lake, and then to freedom ridge, where we got shifted on..

best series ever, and your right sec, it still holds up..my eldest series linked it, and ive been watching again too on H2..some of the monster of the week episode are brilliant..
and the mythology (alien ones) are still mint..

rumors of a third film, this was 2 days ago..
We really, really, really want to believe in this X-Files 3 news!

During a Reddit AMA promoting her new novel A Vision of Fire co-written with Jeff Rovin, X-Files star Gillian Anderson hinted that there might be more Scully and Mulder banter headed our way on the big screen, and we can barely contain our excitement.

When Anderson was asked if there had been "any progress" on the long-hinted X-Files 3 movie, she didn't say yes...but she also didn't say no.

"Uh....uh... uh...," Anderson wrote. "Sorta kinda. Keep your ears to the ground."

MORE: Here's something that will make any X-Files fan smile

That sounds promising to us!

In fact, a source tells E! News that X-Files 3 is being talked about, but they aren't sure if it's actually happening, and there is no concrete plan for the movie...yet. Let's hope that changes soon!

The last time we heard stirrings of a third X-Files movie was last fall when both Anderson and her co-star David Duchovny told fans that they hope to reprise their roles in another movie during a Paley Center event celebrating the sci-fi horror drama's 20th anniversary.

"All the principals are on board," Duchovny said. "Gillian and I want to do it, so it's really up to 20th Century Fox at this point."

You hear that, 20th Century Fox?! The stars want it, X-Files boss Chris Carter wants it and the fans want it, so let's get this baby greenlit!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:13 pm 

Just happened to be watching the X files before. Got the box set

about 1995 i bought an entire box of X files card type thingys, lost them when i moved house though.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:32 pm 

kippax_in_my_blood wrote:

i obsessed over it in the 90's, to the point, my pal mick and i, made our other mucker colin drive to the 'Little ale'in' in navada on the extraterrestrial highway near groom lake, and then to freedom ridge, where we got shifted on..

best series ever, and your right sec, it still holds up..my eldest series linked it, and ive been watching again too on H2..some of the monster of the week episode are brilliant..

During a Reddit AMA promoting her new novel A Vision of Fire co-written with Jeff Rovin, X-Files star Gillian Anderson hinted that there might be more Scully and Mulder banter headed our way on the big screen, and we can barely contain our excitement.

When Anderson was asked if there had been "any progress" on the long-hinted X-Files 3 movie, she didn't say yes...but she also didn't say no.

"Uh....uh... uh...," Anderson wrote. "Sorta kinda. Keep your ears to the ground."

In fact, a source tells E! News that X-Files 3 is being talked about, but they aren't sure if it's actually happening, and there is no concrete plan for the movie...yet. Let's hope that changes soon!

The last time we heard stirrings of a third X-Files movie was last fall when both Anderson and her co-star David Duchovny told fans that they hope to reprise their roles in another movie during a Paley Center event celebrating the sci-fi horror drama's 20th anniversary.

"All the principals are on board," Duchovny said. "Gillian and I want to do it, so it's really up to 20th Century Fox at this point."

You hear that, 20th Century Fox?! The stars want it, X-Files boss Chris Carter wants it and the fans want it, so let's get this baby greenlit!

Got me in the mood reading that lot, just bought series 1-9 on Amazon (I'm not interested in the ones without Duchovny). A third film could count on my support. Something about the early episode though, the 90's quality film, the clothes, hair and cars all typically 90's, then you get this awesome plot emerge and actually make you use your brain, at a time when most dramas on tv were shite.

I like the freak ones most, Eugene Victor Tooms shit me RIGHT up when I first saw that episode, proper monster in the closet character he was.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:44 pm 

Got me in the mood reading that lot, just bought series 1-9 on Amazon (I'm not interested in the ones without Duchovny). A third film could count on my support. Something about the early episode though, the 90's quality film, the clothes, hair and cars all typically 90's, then you get this awesome plot emerge and actually make you use your brain, at a time when most dramas on tv were shite.

I like the freak ones most, Eugene Victor Tooms shit me RIGHT up when I first saw that episode, proper monster in the closet character he was.

Great character he was, as was Duane Barry though what an annoying twat.

Watching them back it's funny when you see some of the guest stars who went onto to bigger things, Seth Green and Jack black.

Did lose it a bit though when they brought the Patrick fella in

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:15 pm 

Ahh top post mate..tooms and squeeze are legendary episodes, and you absolutely spot on...it was right place right time..
and i always thought, very smartly written..
and they always say that the truth is best hidden between two lies...or is it the other way around.. :roll:
Theres some good tv out now, but the files has transcended and achieved cult status...and thats the pinnacle for me...

its like us on this forum, were all cult icons.......or is it cun...... :D

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:07 pm 

cooder wrote:
cooder wrote:
Matt Ryan as Constantine

Not hopeful but would love to be wrong

Yeah, im not sure either mate.
Like i said earlier in the thread when it was announced ,its one that could be great from a graph novel.
and the film with wooden top keanu is a bit of a guilty pleasure..

you never know coods they could nail it..
ive seen shots of him he does look like the comic book version to a degree..

NBC...the had better nail it, as amc with the walking dead is on a roll..

Just don't know. That picture looks very photoshoppy and I hope that's not a reflection of the attitude. Neil Marshall is directing the pilot so that's promising. But Darabont did the original Walking Dead episode and I really don't think that show is good. It's popular I'll give it that. I really didn't like the graphic novel so mo maybe the TV show is representative of the paper thin (pun intended) poor dialogue.

The Walking Dead TellTale game's are good though.

Next up is the worry over the Preacher announcements...

Have just seen the first episode.

Against all fucking odds, I really enjoyed it. I think they've got the essence of Constantine down and Matt Ryan is very believable as Constantine. They've given Constantine a generic northern accent but I don't think that's a huge loss; I never read the comics with him (internal monologue) having a Scouse accent. I know he's supposed to, but fuck that - would have spoiled it. It needs to mature, some scenes you can tell are a set and a setup but that comes with time. Given it's based on a Graphic Novel which is very hyper-reality I think it's just stayed the right side of good. They've got Chas totally wrong but again, there's going to need to be changes in order for the show to appeal. Newcastle is a big thing which is a good sign that they're drawing from the source material. There's a scene towards the end - well, a couple - which bring John's motivations in to focus. They don't chime with the Graphic Novel John, but I can get past that for the sake of it being a TV adaptation.

Having Neil Marshall direct is my major worry. They've got an A-List movie director directing and it still only made me enthusiastic. I think the tone of the show is right, but visually it needs to be a bit duskier or something, it seems very 'clean' in terms of visuals. With lesser directors I worry that this won't improve. I'm hoping this first show is a stepping stone but we'll have to see.

I liked this episode and recommend it. I'm quite enthusiastic.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:07 pm 

Detectorists.

Tbh I fully expected this to be a turkey of biblical proportions. Instead, it's one of the best shows I've seen in a long time. Funny, sad, interesting. Love it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:21 pm 

Jesus O'Nazareth wrote:

Detectorists.

Tbh I fully expected this to be a turkey of biblical proportions. Instead, it's one of the best shows I've seen in a long time. Funny, sad, interesting. Love it.

I wasn't aware of that. Will have a look.

Might wait for a few more Constantine episodes before I start on that.

Watched the first ep of this:

which is cod nonsense but kind of fun.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:41 pm 

Bastard wrote:
Jesus O'Nazareth wrote:

Detectorists.

I wasn't aware of that. Will have a look.

Might wait for a few more Constantine episodes before I start on that.

Watched the first ep of this:

which is cod nonsense but kind of fun.

Been waiting for constantine...
Detectorists looks kinda interesting..
Walking dead season 5 has just kicked in, and i love it..
gotham was ok too...i find that kid that is playing bruce wayne a little slappable, he was in touch with kefer ..which was getting kinda ok when they canned it..

Person of interest is completely over looked, season 4 has just started state side and i think its cool..jj abrams and jonathan nolan, pretty decent pair behind Tbf..

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:49 pm 

Saw a fair bit of the first series of Person of Interest and thought it was proper shit. I just don't get it

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:04 am 

cooder wrote:
Saw a fair bit of the first series of Person of Interest and thought it was proper shit. I just don't get it

not a lot to get really..
But it has got much better as its gone along...

I kinda like all the techy cloak and dagger espionage stuff..

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1350 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 ... 68  Next